About Coral

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Hello guys,

I want to write  a little script that collect all the name of files in a folder then parse the name to change some characters and finally print the list.
Quite simple :)

But Stef tells me that it the perfect thing that should be done with Coral :)

Do you know a good place to find lectures/tuto about Coral ?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Re: About Coral

Olivier Auverlot
Le 14/02/11 10:01, Benjamin a écrit :

> Hello guys,
>
> I want to write  a little script that collect all the name of files in a folder then parse the name to change some characters and finally print the list.
> Quite simple :)
>
> But Stef tells me that it the perfect thing that should be done with Coral :)
>
> Do you know a good place to find lectures/tuto about Coral ?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ben
Hi Benjamin,

For the installation of Coral and basic operations, you could read my
little tutorial: http://www.auverlot.fr/pharo/coralinstall/

Best regards
Olivier ;-)

www.auverlot.fr

Re: About Coral

Adrien BARREAU

Since many things are not finished yet in Coral, I don't think there is any documentation. The only thing I know is a French tuto made by Olivier.
And it can't run under Windows.

However, I can answer your questions.

Do you want that script to be run in a command line or in Pharo? Because you can do that kind of things in Pharo without Coral, only with FileSystem.

If you want to try Coral, you may install it:

1. Load the last ConfigurationOfCoral (http://www.squeaksource.com/Coral)
2. Install last version
3. CoralInstaller generateCoralScript.
4. CoralInstaller generateAllExamples.

Coral.sh will be created in your image folder; it of course need a chmod +x.
Open a command line and go to that folder. Then you can run your scripts by: ./coral.sh theScript.cst.

Take a look to the examples for the syntax, there is only a couple of thing added to Smalltalk syntax.

Adrien.

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:01:28 +0100
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Pharo-users] About Coral
>
> Hello guys,
>
> I want to write a little script that collect all the name of files in a folder then parse the name to change some characters and finally print the list.
> Quite simple :)
>
> But Stef tells me that it the perfect thing that should be done with Coral :)
>
> Do you know a good place to find lectures/tuto about Coral ?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ben

Re: About Coral

Stéphane Ducasse

On Feb 14, 2011, at 10:26 AM, Adrien BARREAU wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since many things are not finished yet in Coral, I don't think there is any documentation. The only thing I know is a French tuto made by Olivier.
> And it can't run under Windows.
>
> However, I can answer your questions.
>
> Do you want that script to be run in a command line or in Pharo?

on the command line