About JSON

garduino
Hi Juan:

I saw that you added JSON to the folder "Packages" in Cuis GitHub repo.

Now, checking your tweak I've the opportunity of learn new things, thanks!

My question is, in this case, I should delete my own repo of JSON and we should maintain the package in your repo? What is the recommended way to work in cases as this one?

Thanks.

--
Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino

Re: About JSON

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Germán,

On 9/7/2013 9:56 AM, Germán Arduino wrote:
Hi Juan:

I saw that you added JSON to the folder "Packages" in Cuis GitHub repo.

Now, checking your tweak I've the opportunity of learn new things, thanks!

My question is, in this case, I should delete my own repo of JSON and we should maintain the package in your repo? What is the recommended way to work in cases as this one?

Thanks.

--
Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

I think that generally the packages at the Cuis-Smalltalk repos should be the "official" or "recommended" ones. It makes sense to keep a personal branch for stuff that is in development. For example, Bernhard keeps his branch of StyledTextEditor, that might be ahead the one at Cuis-Smalltalk. But if the package development is considered finished (and I guess this is the case for JSON), then I don't see the point of keeping other branches.

In any case, it is your call.

I might be missing something, so please, folks, comment.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: About JSON

garduino