About Moose show rooms

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

I would like your input and (also help) for the following.
I would like to have a web servers with some selected case studies for a show room on internet
We should have it for December. Now I think that we should join forces.

I think that we could take

We take one or two projects:
        ArgoUML
        Papyrus
        Seaside

We could have an apache rewrite rule to dispatch to the right image

We create two specific images that contain models
        for argoUML multiple versions
        for papyrus a model with a limited amount of entities
        for Moose itself/seaside so that we get testcoverage....

Then we propose different analysis
        - metrics
        - polymetric views
        - eyeScope
        - cycle identification
        - distribution map (may of commits or something)
        - evolution hierarchy (cf the paper of girba on using Hismo)
        - reports

Usman this should correspond to your ideas of scenario.

So let me know what you think. It would be beneficial for the complete community so we need help.

Re: About Moose show rooms

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Stef,

The first task should be to get Glamour up and running on Seaside. Currently, there is a problem most likely induced by the changes in Announcements. We need some focused work on this.

Andrei, the original author, does not have much time (he has a job now :)), so we need to get other people to look into this. Andre, Cyrille, do you have time?

Cheers,
Doru

On 14 Jul 2011, at 13:02, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I would like your input and (also help) for the following.
> I would like to have a web servers with some selected case studies for a show room on internet
> We should have it for December. Now I think that we should join forces.
>

> I think that we could take
>
> We take one or two projects:
> ArgoUML
> Papyrus
> Seaside
>
> We could have an apache rewrite rule to dispatch to the right image
>
> We create two specific images that contain models
> for argoUML multiple versions
> for papyrus a model with a limited amount of entities
> for Moose itself/seaside so that we get testcoverage....
>
> Then we propose different analysis
> - metrics
> - polymetric views
> - eyeScope
> - cycle identification
> - distribution map (may of commits or something)
> - evolution hierarchy (cf the paper of girba on using Hismo)
> - reports
>
> Usman this should correspond to your ideas of scenario.
>
> So let me know what you think. It would be beneficial for the complete community so we need help.
>
> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: About Moose show rooms

abergel
Is there a case study where moose helped increasing it's quality, and not only identifying anomalies?

I have some case studies, but in smalltalk only

Alexandre

Le 14 juil. 2011 à 13:02, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi guys
>
> I would like your input and (also help) for the following.
> I would like to have a web servers with some selected case studies for a show room on internet
> We should have it for December. Now I think that we should join forces.
>

> I think that we could take
>
> We take one or two projects:
>    ArgoUML
>    Papyrus
>    Seaside
>
> We could have an apache rewrite rule to dispatch to the right image
>
> We create two specific images that contain models
>    for argoUML multiple versions
>    for papyrus a model with a limited amount of entities
>    for Moose itself/seaside so that we get testcoverage....
>
> Then we propose different analysis
>    - metrics
>    - polymetric views
>    - eyeScope
>    - cycle identification
>    - distribution map (may of commits or something)
>    - evolution hierarchy (cf the paper of girba on using Hismo)
>    - reports
>
> Usman this should correspond to your ideas of scenario.
>
> So let me know what you think. It would be beneficial for the complete community so we need help.
>
> Stef

Re: About Moose show rooms

On Jul 14, 2011, at 1:09 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> The first task should be to get Glamour up and running on Seaside. Currently, there is a problem most likely induced by the changes in Announcements. We need some focused work on this.

what is the exact problem?
Why announcements changed something?

> Andrei, the original author, does not have much time (he has a job now :)), so we need to get other people to look into this. Andre, Cyrille, do you have time?

We should check that because this is important that glamour works on the web.

Now doru what do you think about the idea to have application loaded in Moose and available on the web

On 14 Jul 2011, at 17:57, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2011, at 1:09 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi Stef,
>>
>> The first task should be to get Glamour up and running on Seaside. Currently, there is a problem most likely induced by the changes in Announcements. We need some focused work on this.
>
> what is the exact problem?
> Why announcements changed something?

I suspect it has to do with the forking or something like that. As if we are in another process. But, I have no precise idea.

>> Andrei, the original author, does not have much time (he has a job now :)), so we need to get other people to look into this. Andre, Cyrille, do you have time?
>
> We should check that because this is important that glamour works on the web.
>
> Now doru what do you think about the idea to have application loaded in Moose and available on the web

Of course. This was the idea all along, wasn't it? :)

Cheers,
Doru

> Stef
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 14 Jul 2011, at 13:02, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> I would like your input and (also help) for the following.
>>> I would like to have a web servers with some selected case studies for a show room on internet
>>> We should have it for December. Now I think that we should join forces.
>>>

>>> I think that we could take
>>>
>>> We take one or two projects:
>>> ArgoUML
>>> Papyrus
>>> Seaside
>>>
>>> We could have an apache rewrite rule to dispatch to the right image
>>>
>>> We create two specific images that contain models
>>> for argoUML multiple versions
>>> for papyrus a model with a limited amount of entities
>>> for Moose itself/seaside so that we get testcoverage....
>>>
>>> Then we propose different analysis
>>> - metrics
>>> - polymetric views
>>> - eyeScope
>>> - cycle identification
>>> - distribution map (may of commits or something)
>>> - evolution hierarchy (cf the paper of girba on using Hismo)
>>> - reports
>>>
>>> Usman this should correspond to your ideas of scenario.
>>>
>>> So let me know what you think. It would be beneficial for the complete community so we need help.
>>>
>>> Stef

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

Re: About Moose show rooms

Tudor Girba-2

I have but they are commercial.

The idea is that if you want to increase quality you first have to define what that is :). You need a stakeholder that can tell you what is important and what is not. Otherwise, you only measure things that you think are important, and which usually turn out to not be important in reality.

All in all, it's not just the code that you need, but also the one that can define the problems that should be solved.

Cheers,
Doru

On 14 Jul 2011, at 15:12, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Is there a case study where moose helped increasing it's quality, and not only identifying anomalies?
>
> I have some case studies, but in smalltalk only
>
> Alexandre
>

> Le 14 juil. 2011 à 13:02, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I would like your input and (also help) for the following.
>> I would like to have a web servers with some selected case studies for a show room on internet
>> We should have it for December. Now I think that we should join forces.
>>

>> I think that we could take
>>
>> We take one or two projects:
>>   ArgoUML
>>   Papyrus
>>   Seaside
>>
>> We could have an apache rewrite rule to dispatch to the right image
>>
>> We create two specific images that contain models
>>   for argoUML multiple versions
>>   for papyrus a model with a limited amount of entities
>>   for Moose itself/seaside so that we get testcoverage....
>>
>> Then we propose different analysis
>>   - metrics
>>   - polymetric views
>>   - eyeScope
>>   - cycle identification
>>   - distribution map (may of commits or something)
>>   - evolution hierarchy (cf the paper of girba on using Hismo)
>>   - reports
>>
>> Usman this should correspond to your ideas of scenario.
>>
>> So let me know what you think. It would be beneficial for the complete community so we need help.
>>
>> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

"Speaking louder won't make the point worthier."

Re: About Moose show rooms

Stéphane Ducasse
indeed and the key message around moose is that quality is not wht everybody else want but mainly you.