About Refactoring browsers

Costas Menico
I need to get an understanding of what they do. Could someone tell me
where I can read about Refactoring Browsers?

Costas

Re: About Refactoring browsers

Ian Bartholomew-5
Costas,

> I need to get an understanding of what they do. Could someone tell me
> where I can read about Refactoring Browsers?

As a starting point you can have a read of the online documentation for VA
and VW on UIUC -

http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/~brant/RefactoringBrowser/

Ian

Re: About Refactoring browsers

Peter Goodall-2
Hi Costas,

I found Don Roberts' "Practical Analysis for Refactoring" - phd
thesis. http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/~droberts/. It was a real help in
understanding the architecture.

I now think the trick to understanding it is learning to express
refactorings in the rewrite tool. Then the browser will be easier to
understand.

--Peter Goodall