About Seaside3.2

stepharo
Hi guys

I wanted to show latest version of Seaside and I took Seaside on CI

and I do not get ZincAdaptor. Seaside looks dying to me sadly.

What should I do ?

Re: About Seaside3.2

Denis Kudriashov
Hi.

I use this script to install and start server:

Metacello new
    configuration: 'Seaside3';
    repository:
    version: '3.2.0';
    load.

server := ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080

Hi guys

I wanted to show latest version of Seaside and I took Seaside on CI

and I do not get ZincAdaptor. Seaside looks dying to me sadly.

What should I do ?

It works without problem for me

Re: About Seaside3.2

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 30-09-16 09:57, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I use this script to install and start server:
>
> Metacello new
>     configuration: 'Seaside3';
>     repository:
> 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
>     version: '3.2.0';
>     load.
>
> server := ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
You probably want to refer to #'release3.2' as the version though
(as that gives you 3.2.1, and will receive bugfixes)

Stephan

Re: About Seaside3.2

NorbertHartl
Stef,

> Am 30.09.2016 um 08:47 schrieb stepharo <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi guys
>
> I wanted to show latest version of Seaside and I took Seaside on CI
>
> and I do not get ZincAdaptor. Seaside looks dying to me sadly.
>
> What should I do ?

seaside is not (!!) dying.

If you do

Metacello new
    configuration: 'Seaside3';
    repository:
'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
    version: '3.2.0';
    load.

you load everything needed. I must confess I'm always confused about that, too. Meaning from where to load which configuration. In this regard seaside is a complete mess.
Seems like the catalog does not point to the right version, not good.

After that….You open the World menu->tools->seaside control panel. Right-click->add-adaptor und choose ZnZincServerAdaptor. Enter port 8080 (alread there) and ok. Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/ et voilà

Norbert

Yes. I forgot about it.

Re: About Seaside3.2

stepharo

Ok this is good to know

But it does not show up in the tool.

I cannot remember all the possible adaptors.

Stef

Le 30/9/16 à 10:57, Denis Kudriashov a écrit :
Hi.

I use this script to install and start server:

Metacello new
    configuration: 'Seaside3';
    repository:
    version: '3.2.0';
    load.

server := ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080

Hi guys

I wanted to show latest version of Seaside and I took Seaside on CI

and I do not get ZincAdaptor. Seaside looks dying to me sadly.

What should I do ?

Re: About Seaside3.2

stepharo

>> Hi.
>>
>> I use this script to install and start server:
>>
>> Metacello new
>>     configuration: 'Seaside3';
>>     repository:
>> 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
>>     version: '3.2.0';
>>     load.
>>
>> server := ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
> You probably want to refer to #'release3.2' as the version though
> (as that gives you 3.2.1, and will receive bugfixes)
>
> Stephan

Stephan I do not know. I went to the ci and took 3.2 on pharo 50 stable.
After we can hide ourselves againts numbers and process.
Right now the point is what is the public version that a full newbie
that make work in
less than 2 min.

Re: About Seaside3.2

stepharo

> Stef,
>
>> Am 30.09.2016 um 08:47 schrieb stepharo <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I wanted to show latest version of Seaside and I took Seaside on CI
>>
>> and I do not get ZincAdaptor. Seaside looks dying to me sadly.
>>
>> What should I do ?
>>
> seaside is not (!!) dying.

> If you do
>
> Metacello new
>      configuration: 'Seaside3';
>      repository:
> 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
>      version: '3.2.0';
>      load.
>
> you load everything needed.
And it is proposing the correct menu?
And how do I know that this 3.2.0?

>   I must confess I'm always confused about that, too. Meaning from where to load which configuration. In this regard seaside is a complete mess.
Indeed.
> Seems like the catalog does not point to the right version, not good.
>
> After that….You open the World menu->tools->seaside control panel. Right-click->add-adaptor und choose ZnZincServerAdaptor. Enter port 8080 (alread there) and ok. Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/ et voilà

In my version that I took from latest ci there is not Zn*adaptor

Stef

> Norbert

Re: About Seaside3.2

stepharo
Hi denis

I took again the latest 50 seaside32 and there is ZnZincServerAdaptor
loaded.

On 01/10/16 07:45, stepharo wrote:

> And it is proposing the correct menu?
> And how do I know that this 3.2.0?

We have a comprehensive site:
https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/wiki/Seaside320Changelog

Or you don't and then you take a look at the
symbolic versions and select one of those,
either #'stable' or #'release3.2'.

> In my version that I took from latest ci there is not Zn*adaptor

That is a bug we'd need to fix. Core developers and most users
use specific configurations that use seaside groups, not the
default group.

Stephan