About UFFI documentation deprecation.

Stephane Ducasse-3
About https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-uFFI

Dear (poor) reader, since years I tried to convince people
understanding FFI to finish this documentation.
But I failed. Apparently documenting FFI is not important enough. So I
stopped to try and in the future
I will remove simply this booklet because there is nothing as bad as a
half done unfinished documentation.
If within 6 months this documentation stays in this bad format, I will
remove it from this repository.
15 of Febrary 2018. By 15 of August if nothing changed I will remove
this project and all the associated infrastructure.

S. Ducasse - ''Even jedi cannot move mountain.''

Re: About UFFI documentation deprecation.

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Fair enough.

"If it is not documented, it does not exist"

> On 17 Feb 2018, at 08:37, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> About https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-uFFI
>

> Dear (poor) reader, since years I tried to convince people
> understanding FFI to finish this documentation.
> But I failed. Apparently documenting FFI is not important enough. So I
> stopped to try and in the future
> I will remove simply this booklet because there is nothing as bad as a
> half done unfinished documentation.
> If within 6 months this documentation stays in this bad format, I will
> remove it from this repository.
> 15 of Febrary 2018. By 15 of August if nothing changed I will remove
> this project and all the associated infrastructure.
>
> S. Ducasse - ''Even jedi cannot move mountain.''

Re: About UFFI documentation deprecation.

EstebanLM
mmm… message received :)

But! I have to declare: uFFI booklet is not bad. Is just incomplete… (there are three small sections missing).
We will never cover all possible usages and for that my idea was always to add “annexes” with all problems emerging and answered on the list… so to answer also something from other mail, yes, I was planning to add that to documentation.

cheers!
Esteban

> On 17 Feb 2018, at 10:34, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Fair enough.
>
> "If it is not documented, it does not exist"
>
>> On 17 Feb 2018, at 08:37, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> About https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-uFFI
>>

>> Dear (poor) reader, since years I tried to convince people
>> understanding FFI to finish this documentation.
>> But I failed. Apparently documenting FFI is not important enough. So I
>> stopped to try and in the future
>> I will remove simply this booklet because there is nothing as bad as a
>> half done unfinished documentation.
>> If within 6 months this documentation stays in this bad format, I will
>> remove it from this repository.
>> 15 of Febrary 2018. By 15 of August if nothing changed I will remove
>> this project and all the associated infrastructure.
>>
>> S. Ducasse - ''Even jedi cannot move mountain.''

Re: About UFFI documentation deprecation.

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 17 Feb 2018, at 14:56, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> mmm… message received :)

It was not directed especially to you, but you get the idea: it does not matter how cool the software is, it needs proper documentation for others to derive value from it.

> But! I have to declare: uFFI booklet is not bad. Is just incomplete… (there are three small sections missing).
> We will never cover all possible usages and for that my idea was always to add “annexes” with all problems emerging and answered on the list… so to answer also something from other mail, yes, I was planning to add that to documentation.
>
> cheers!
> Esteban
>
>> On 17 Feb 2018, at 10:34, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Fair enough.
>>
>> "If it is not documented, it does not exist"
>>
>>> On 17 Feb 2018, at 08:37, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> About https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-uFFI
>>>

>>> Dear (poor) reader, since years I tried to convince people
>>> understanding FFI to finish this documentation.
>>> But I failed. Apparently documenting FFI is not important enough. So I
>>> stopped to try and in the future
>>> I will remove simply this booklet because there is nothing as bad as a
>>> half done unfinished documentation.
>>> If within 6 months this documentation stays in this bad format, I will
>>> remove it from this repository.
>>> 15 of Febrary 2018. By 15 of August if nothing changed I will remove
>>> this project and all the associated infrastructure.
>>>
>>> S. Ducasse - ''Even jedi cannot move mountain.''

Re: About UFFI documentation deprecation.

Stephane Ducasse-3
Take all the questions/answers you will get most frequent question and
this is cheap to do.
There is FAQ session at the end of the booklet.

The more stupid people like me will be able to use UFFI the better
Pharo will be.
We should help C-agnostic people to use and master UFFI.

Stef