About a discord channel for the mooc?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi guys

The students of the lectures at Prague and the forthcoming mooc will
be strongly
suggested to use discord.
So now how can we organise it?
How do we create a channel?

Re: About a discord channel for the mooc?

Ben Coman
On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Stephane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> The students of the lectures at Prague and the forthcoming mooc will
> be strongly
> suggested to use discord.
> So now how can we organise it?
> How do we create a channel?

I've added you to @channel-admins so you can create it yourself.  You
should see a plus sign above the channel list.

btw, I had originally set up  #learning-help  for questions related to
mooc and documentation,
but its drifted to broader topics (I think the tagline is not
prominent enough).
Maybe you want something more targeted like simply   #mooc ?

cheers -ben

Re: About a discord channel for the mooc?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Yes may be mooc or newbies
I checked learning help and it can be intimidating for noobs

stef

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 4:08 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Stephane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi guys
>>
>> The students of the lectures at Prague and the forthcoming mooc will
>> be strongly
>> suggested to use discord.
>> So now how can we organise it?
>> How do we create a channel?
>
> I've added you to @channel-admins so you can create it yourself.  You
> should see a plus sign above the channel list.
>
> btw, I had originally set up  #learning-help  for questions related to
> mooc and documentation,
> but its drifted to broader topics (I think the tagline is not
> prominent enough).
> Maybe you want something more targeted like simply   #mooc ?
>
> cheers -ben

Re: About a discord channel for the mooc?

Peter Uhnak
I wonder whether it would be nice to have a localized channel... e.g. #learning-cz , #learning-fr so people could feel more at home and discuss with their peers in their native language. Also please do not call it newbies...

Peter

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 9:04 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes may be mooc or newbies
I checked learning help and it can be intimidating for noobs

stef

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 4:08 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Stephane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi guys
>>
>> The students of the lectures at Prague and the forthcoming mooc will
>> be strongly
>> suggested to use discord.
>> So now how can we organise it?
>> How do we create a channel?
>
> I've added you to @channel-admins so you can create it yourself.  You
> should see a plus sign above the channel list.
>
> btw, I had originally set up  #learning-help  for questions related to
> mooc and documentation,
> but its drifted to broader topics (I think the tagline is not
> prominent enough).
> Maybe you want something more targeted like simply   #mooc ?
>
> cheers -ben

Re: About a discord channel for the mooc?

EstebanLM

> On 18 Sep 2017, at 15:13, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi guys
>
> The students of the lectures at Prague and the forthcoming mooc will
> be strongly
> suggested to use discord.
> So now how can we organise it?
> How do we create a channel?

I just created a channel #mooc

Esteban

> Stef

Re: About a discord channel for the mooc?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Peter why not but it means that non cz people cannot help :)

Stef

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wonder whether it would be nice to have a localized channel... e.g.
> #learning-cz , #learning-fr so people could feel more at home and discuss
> with their peers in their native language. Also please do not call it
> newbies...
>
> Peter
>
> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 9:04 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Yes may be mooc or newbies
>> I checked learning help and it can be intimidating for noobs
>>
>> stef
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 4:08 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > I've added you to @channel-admins so you can create it yourself.  You
>> > should see a plus sign above the channel list.
>> >
>> > btw, I had originally set up  #learning-help  for questions related to
>> > mooc and documentation,
>> > but its drifted to broader topics (I think the tagline is not
>> > prominent enough).
>> > Maybe you want something more targeted like simply   #mooc ?
>> >
>> > cheers -ben

Re: About a discord channel for the mooc?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Tx esteban I will advertise it.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 18 Sep 2017, at 15:13, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> The students of the lectures at Prague and the forthcoming mooc will
>> be strongly
>> suggested to use discord.
>> So now how can we organise it?
>> How do we create a channel?
>
> I just created a channel #mooc
>
> Esteban
>

>> Stef

Re: About a discord channel for the mooc?

Guillermo Polito
I'm in

--

Guille Polito