About async web stuff

Stephane Ducasse-3
I’m not good enough to understand it simply :)
But you are :)

http://www.tornadoweb.org/en/stable/guide/intro.html

Re: About async web stuff

NorbertHartl

> Am 04.04.2018 um 12:12 schrieb Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>
> I’m not good enough to understand it simply :)
> But you are :)
>
> http://www.tornadoweb.org/en/stable/guide/intro.html

It is about „how to program in python as you would in javascript“.

Norbert

Re: About async web stuff

Guillermo Polito
Well, nothing we don't already have with Zinc, green threads, taskit and generators (+ syntax sugar).

The nicest thing is however:

http://www.tornadoweb.org/en/stable/ioloop.html#i-o-events

They have a nice library to do async IO. We have also one but we do not exploit it enough I think.
This is nice because it would simplify the implementation of all external code calling Pharo.
In that front we currently have some spaghetti:

 - the input event fetcher implements an async queue of UI events whose consumer is a process in the image and the producer is the VM.
 - sockets and the async io plugin have a different approach, also written in the VM.
 - callbacks should also use a similar approach to notify when they are being called from C.

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189