About documentation

SergeStinckwich
Hi,

we should discuss about documentation for the SciSmalltalk project.

At the moment, we have some documentation in the Wiki:
- Quick start to ODE:
https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Quick-start-to-ODE
- Function fittings:
https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-FunctionFit

and also some documentation written by Natalia available in:
https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/PharoForTheEnterprise-english/blob/e09485a813b1232ac10af442ab55d250a9733190/ComparingSolutions/ComparingSolutions.pier

What about federating all the documentation initiative by writing
chapters in Pillar markup first of all available in Pharo Limbo:
https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/PharoLimbo
and after putting all this chapters in a book ?

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

Re: About documentation

werner kassens-2
Hi Serge,
just for the sake of completeness <g>, we have a little bit more docus as can be seen at https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/SciSmalltalk-Contents (How does ODE package work,kdtree,dhb-wk,accuracyframework).
at the moment, i have to admit, i am not interested in learning yet another markup language and redoing everything. i suppose pillar does not have a automatic markdown importer? and that markdown wiki on git is relatively flexible. i am glad that you organized things that way with git just used as a docu store and i guess you better dont count on me with such a project, at least not at the moment.
werner

Re: About documentation

SergeStinckwich
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM, werner kassens <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Serge,
> just for the sake of completeness <g>, we have a little bit more docus as
> can be seen at
> https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/SciSmalltalk-Contents
> (How does ODE package work,kdtree,dhb-wk,accuracyframework).

Yes, I was aware of these pages also.

> at the moment, i have to admit, i am not interested in learning yet another
> markup language and redoing everything. i suppose pillar does not have a
> automatic markdown importer? and that markdown wiki on git is relatively
> flexible. i am glad that you organized things that way with git just used as
> a docu store and i guess you better dont count on me with such a project, at
> least not at the moment.

Pillar is quite similar to Markdown, but yes you are right, this is
another markup.
Look at the documentation here:
https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar-documentation
This is the markup used now for all the Pharo books.

One interesting thing is that you can create gitbook book (in
Markdown) quite easily after that:
https://www.gitbook.io/book/damiencassou/pillar

Regards,