About feedback and request for enh

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi all

We appreciate feedback and request now to avoid us to be flooded here is a proposal.

- It does not really make sense to comment on 1.0 without checking 1.1
   We will not change 1.0. So better check 1.1

- We do not have that many resources so if you want something, it is also important
   that you see how you can help. May be you do not know directly the topic but
   by helping on another front, people may have more time for this one.

- Bugs can be entered for 1.0 but again check 1.1 because only REALLY severe bugs will get fixed
   in 1.0.

Re: About feedback and request for enh

Tim Mackinnon
Stef - can you update the template in the Google Issue tracker - it offers some instructions - and your text would be good in that template. Also while it has good instructions on how to get the "Pharo Core Version" however I am never sure how to definitively check the VM version (other than look on my file system).

Why not add the following after the first sentence:

We are currently working on version 1.1, so please verify your issue in <put version number you want us to use> before reporting it.

The text in the issue template is as follows :

If you fill an issue for the first time, please read "How to report bugs"
at http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking

Pharo image: <core, dev or web>
Pharo core version: <copy from World/System/About>
Virtual machine used: <ex: pharo-vm-0.15.2f-linux>
Class browser used if applicable: <ex: O2PackageBrowserAdaptor. If you
don't
know, print "SystemBrowser default">

Steps to reproduce:
1.
2.
3.

Paste or attach stack trace if applicable (look at the file PharoDebug.log
located in the same directory as your image):

On 26 Apr 2010, at 09:22, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi all
>
> We appreciate feedback and request now to avoid us to be flooded here is a proposal.
>
> - It does not really make sense to comment on 1.0 without checking 1.1
>   We will not change 1.0. So better check 1.1
>
> - We do not have that many resources so if you want something, it is also important
>   that you see how you can help. May be you do not know directly the topic but
>   by helping on another front, people may have more time for this one.
>
> - Bugs can be entered for 1.0 but again check 1.1 because only REALLY severe bugs will get fixed
>   in 1.0.
>
> Stef

Re: About feedback and request for enh

Stéphane Ducasse