About http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-cmm.345.mcz

Edgar De Cleene
Chris:

I found in the commit test the following

>  Added hot-keys for browse of inst-var refs or defs, reducing the number
> required number of UI gestures for this from 3 to 1.  This is something
> developers use 100 times per day!
> - Rename "recent classes" to new-millenium nomenclature:  "back".  Changed
> hot-key accordingly.

I don´t like the change and revert on my own .image.
Where the new-millenium nomenclature is and why you think "back" reveals
more the intention as "recent classes"  ?

Cheers

Edgar

Re: About http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-cmm.345.mcz

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Chris:
>
> I found in the commit test the following
>
>>  Added hot-keys for browse of inst-var refs or defs, reducing the number
>> required number of UI gestures for this from 3 to 1.  This is something
>> developers use 100 times per day!
>> - Rename "recent classes" to new-millenium nomenclature:  "back".  Changed
>> hot-key accordingly.
>

> I don´t like the change and revert on my own .image.
> Where the new-millenium nomenclature is and why you think "back" reveals
> more the intention as "recent classes"  ?
I don't really like "back" either. Maybe "history" with Cmd+h is a better
choice.

Levente

> Cheers
>
> Edgar

Re: About http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-cmm.345.mcz

Frank Shearar-3
2011/7/23 Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]>:

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2011, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>
>> Chris:
>>
>> I found in the commit test the following
>>
>>>  Added hot-keys for browse of inst-var refs or defs, reducing the number
>>> required number of UI gestures for this from 3 to 1.  This is something
>>> developers use 100 times per day!
>>> - Rename "recent classes" to new-millenium nomenclature:  "back".
>>>  Changed
>>> hot-key accordingly.
>>

>> I don´t like the change and revert on my own .image.
>> Where the new-millenium nomenclature is and why you think "back" reveals
>> more the intention as "recent classes"  ?
>
> I don't really like "back" either. Maybe "history" with Cmd+h is a better
> choice.

"Back" is "new millenium" because theoretically we've all been using
the back button in our web browsers for at least a decade? (But I
don't care what we call it as long as it's there.)

frank

Re: About http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-cmm.345.mcz

Chris Muller-3
That's exactly right.  To my English, "Recent Classes" doesn't really
describe anything meaningful; it should be "Recently Selected
Classes".  However, rather than be so verbose, "back" seemed to fit
better.