About margin and rectangle

1 message Options

About margin and rectangle

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi

While harvesting the old change of Henrik on margins and the idea that
Rectangle should not be used to express margins. I looked at expandBy:
comment
In fact I would like to make sure that that no rectangle is passed as
argument and that
we can deprecate asMargin from the Rectangle class (we can keep it but
I would like to identify the callers).

expandBy: delta
   "Answer a Rectangle that is outset from the receiver by delta. delta is a
    Rectangle, Point, or scalar."
    ^ delta asMargin expandRectangle: self

So looked at all the senders of expandBy: and they look ok.
I imagine that I should do the same for extendBy:

Stef