About move

stéphane ducasse-2
stupidly I created an admin page in the blog and I wanted to move it
elsewehere.
So I clicked on move and I tried

        / but I'm not allowed
        /AnotherPage

and I always get Move: 'PAD' can not be a child of 'Passes'

So what is the solution?

Doru lukas I can tell you that I can really be a guinea pig about
usability
because I just crash in everything.

Re: About move

Lukas Renggli-2
I don't understand what you are trying to do. I don't know what PAD,
Passes, AnotherPage is.

The commands essentially follow the Unix counterparts. Move is the
same as mv.

- Target is the new parent where you want to move this structure to.

- Name is the new name (rename) you want this structure to have.

Lukas

On Jun 22, 2008, at 21:39 , stéphane ducasse wrote:

> stupidly I created an admin page in the blog and I wanted to move it
> elsewehere.
> So I clicked on move and I tried
>
> / but I'm not allowed
> /AnotherPage
>
> and I always get Move: 'PAD' can not be a child of 'Passes'
>
> So what is the solution?
>
> Doru lukas I can tell you that I can really be a guinea pig about
> usability
> because I just crash in everything.
>
> Stef

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: About move

Lukas Renggli-2
>> and I always get Move: 'PAD' can not be a child of 'Passes'

Normally you get this error when trying to move something into yourself.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: About move

stéphane ducasse-2

On Jun 22, 2008, at 9:49 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> I don't understand what you are trying to do. I don't know what PAD,
> Passes, AnotherPage is.

I created a page PierADmin = PAD under Blog
and I created Passes a Page under Pier
and AnotherPage = AnotherPage

> The commands essentially follow the Unix counterparts. Move is the
> same as mv.

I can tell you that we can do a real evaluation of what an idiot user
like me can think about an interface
and some messages even for something as simple as move are not clear.

> - Target is the new parent where you want to move this structure to.
> - Name is the new name (rename) you want this structure to have.

I do not why I cannot move to anything.
When I click on browse I imagine that I should click on the target

Now I even lost the blog. I will let you conclude. I'm certainly an
idiot.

Stef

> Lukas
>

> On Jun 22, 2008, at 21:39 , stéphane ducasse wrote:
>
>> stupidly I created an admin page in the blog and I wanted to move it
>> elsewehere.
>> So I clicked on move and I tried
>>
>> / but I'm not allowed
>> /AnotherPage
>>
>> and I always get Move: 'PAD' can not be a child of 'Passes'
>>
>> So what is the solution?
>>
>> Doru lukas I can tell you that I can really be a guinea pig about
>> usability
>> because I just crash in everything.
>>
>> Stef

> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: About move

stéphane ducasse-2

I wanted to move an item to the top because the nested was too low

After I wanted to move it to the page /Passes and give it another name

Picture 2.pdf (17K) Download Attachment
Picture 3.pdf (35K) Download Attachment

Re: About move

Lukas Renggli-2
>> I don't understand what you are trying to do. I don't know what PAD,
>> Passes, AnotherPage is.
>
> I created a page PierADmin = PAD under Blog

Normally the system does not let you create a page within a blog. Only
posts can be added to a blog.

> and I created Passes a Page under Pier
> and AnotherPage = AnotherPage

Mhh?

>> - Target is the new parent where you want to move this structure to.
>> - Name is the new name (rename) you want this structure to have.
>
> I do not why I cannot move to anything.

Send a screenshot, so that I can see what you are trying to do.

> When I click on browse I imagine that I should click on the target

Yes, the page will then become a child of the target.

> Now I even lost the blog. I will let you conclude. I'm certainly an
> idiot.

I am not saying that.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: About move

Lukas Renggli-2
Ahh, now I understand.

You didn't create a page, but a post. And posts can only live within a
blog. So you can't move it outside. Sorry.

Cheers,
Lukas

On Jun 22, 2008, at 22:06 , stéphane ducasse wrote:

> <Picture 2.pdf>
>
> I wanted to move an item to the top because the nested was too low
>

> After I wanted to move it to the page /Passes and give it another name
>
> <Picture 3.pdf>

>> Normally you get this error when trying to move something into
>> yourself.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: About move

stéphane ducasse-2

On Jun 22, 2008, at 10:07 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>>> I don't understand what you are trying to do. I don't know what PAD,
>>> Passes, AnotherPage is.
>>
>> I created a page PierADmin = PAD under Blog
>
> Normally the system does not let you create a page within a blog. Only
> posts can be added to a blog.

I just did one. I do not know how.

>> and I created Passes a Page under Pier
>> and AnotherPage = AnotherPage
>
> Mhh?

Just another page to make experiment

>>> - Target is the new parent where you want to move this structure to.
>>> - Name is the new name (rename) you want this structure to have.
>>
>> I do not why I cannot move to anything.
>
> Send a screenshot, so that I can see what you are trying to do.
>
>> When I click on browse I imagine that I should click on the target
>
> Yes, the page will then become a child of the target.
>
>> Now I even lost the blog. I will let you conclude. I'm certainly an
>> idiot.
>
> I am not saying that.

I know :)
I'm just terribly frustrated. You cannot imagine how difficult
it is to systematically bump in UI glitch. All the time all the time.
So I can really do an analysis of Pier if you want. I try and try
and you will see that I will bump into problems.

> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: About move

stéphane ducasse-2

On Jun 22, 2008, at 10:08 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Ahh, now I understand.
>
> You didn't create a page, but a post. And posts can only live within a
> blog. So you can't move it outside. Sorry.

ah.
But I could add component inside so I thought it was a page (because
it is).
So may be you should have a better error message.

I'm dead tired yesterday I "finish" to clean up the walls I broke,
painted and today i cut the
garden so 4 hours cutting the "haie" I'm dead.

> Lukas
>

> On Jun 22, 2008, at 22:06 , stéphane ducasse wrote:
>
>> <Picture 2.pdf>
>>
>> I wanted to move an item to the top because the nested was too low
>>

>> After I wanted to move it to the page /Passes and give it another
>> name
>>
>> <Picture 3.pdf>

>>> Normally you get this error when trying to move something into
>>> yourself.
>>>
>>> Lukas
>>>
>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: About move

Lukas Renggli-2
> But I could add component inside so I thought it was a page (because
> it is).

Yeah, posts can have other structures (images, components, etc.) as
children again. A post is a page, but it has much more properties like
post-date, editor, ...

> So may be you should have a better error message.

I agree that the error message is bad.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli