About projects based on the OmniBrowser framework

About projects based on the OmniBrowser framework

Hannes Hirzel
On 5/12/10, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> By the way, there are quite a few other projects that use the OB framework.
> Off the top of my head:
>
> - Seaside use it for configuration
> - The Gemstone interface to Monticello is based on OB (runs great in
> Squeak!).
> - The Gemstone Test-Runner is based on OB (runs great in Squeak!).
> - Hernán Durand's Dependency Browser is based on OB
> - My FileBrowser package

Where do I find this FileBrowser package?

> - OB-Tools, a debugger and inspector based on OB.
>
> Now, OB isn't perfect. It has issues and bugs just like any significant
> piece of software. But why not fix them, or at least complain so that others
> can fix them?
>
> Colin

--Hannes

Re: About projects based on the OmniBrowser framework

hernanmd
2010/5/14 Hannes Hirzel <[hidden email]>:

> On 5/12/10, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> By the way, there are quite a few other projects that use the OB framework.
>> Off the top of my head:
>>
>> - Seaside use it for configuration
>> - The Gemstone interface to Monticello is based on OB (runs great in
>> Squeak!).
>> - The Gemstone Test-Runner is based on OB (runs great in Squeak!).
>> - Hernán Durand's Dependency Browser is based on OB
>> - My FileBrowser package
>
> Where do I find this FileBrowser package?

Installer ss
        project: 'OBAddOns';
        install: 'OBFileBrowser'.

(if you get an error when loading remove the #registerInOpenMenu line
for Squeak 4.1, and there could be another issue with a "trait
composition", I've added a check isNil ifFalse: ... to continue

OBFileBrowser open

On 5/14/10, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Where do I find this FileBrowser package?
>
> Installer ss
> project: 'OBAddOns';
> install: 'OBFileBrowser'.
>
> (if you get an error when loading remove the #registerInOpenMenu line
> for Squeak 4.1, and there could be another issue with a "trait
> composition", I've added a check isNil ifFalse: ... to continue
>
> OBFileBrowser open

As you wrote I get the walkback with "trait composition"
What kind of check exactly do I have to add?

--Hannes

LoadErrorOBFileBrowser.png (53K) Download Attachment

Re: About projects based on the OmniBrowser framework

Hannes Hirzel
P.S. This is for Squeak 4.1 trunk, 10136

On 5/14/10, Hannes Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5/14/10, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Where do I find this FileBrowser package?
>>
>> Installer ss
>> project: 'OBAddOns';
>> install: 'OBFileBrowser'.
>>
>> (if you get an error when loading remove the #registerInOpenMenu line
>> for Squeak 4.1, and there could be another issue with a "trait
>> composition", I've added a check isNil ifFalse: ... to continue
>>
>> OBFileBrowser open
>

> As you wrote I get the walkback with "trait composition"
> What kind of check exactly do I have to add?
>
> --Hannes

Re: About projects based on the OmniBrowser framework

hernanmd
File in the attached method. I don't know if that's correct, is just
an isNil ifFalse: to load this package.
Cheers,

Hernán

MCClassDefinition-createClass.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: About projects based on the OmniBrowser framework

Hannes Hirzel
On 5/14/10, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> File in the attached method. I don't know if that's correct, is just
> an isNil ifFalse: to load this package.
> Cheers,
>
> Hernán

Hernán
Fine I could load the package. As you wrote I had to uncomment the
menu registration code.

--Hannes

OBFileBrowserLoadProblemMenuRegistering.png (34K) Download Attachment