About resurrecting the RE package and plugin

About resurrecting the RE package and plugin

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Hi

I would really like to resurrect the REPlugin and its image side abstraction because
I think that this is important to support Perl level regex since it will help
people to reuse their knowledge.
If you are interested in helping let us know.

Stef

RePlugin.cs.zip (82K) Download Attachment

Re: About resurrecting the RE package and plugin

Christopher Fuhrman-3
I have a related solution that's coded at my level of Pharo skillz (aka hacked). I used LibC and Perl to code a matches: method. It seems to work well, but Perl has to be in the path.

The prototype with tests is at https://github.com/fuhrmanator/Keshi

self assert: ('a.*?com' asKSRegex matches: 'a is a test com blah blah').
self assert: ('^(?:\w+:)?\/\/([^\s\.]+\.\S{2}|localhost[\:?\d]*)\S*$' asKSRegex matches: 'https://www.thisisatest.com/bhal').
self deny: ('^(?:\w+:)?\/\/([^\s\.]+\.\S{2}|localhost[\:?\d]*)\S*$' asKSRegex matches: 'www.thisisatest.com/bhal').