About session ui and iliad control panel

About session ui and iliad control panel

Steven Costiou
Hi,
i've loaded iliad in pharo 6.1 (31bits) and it works well.

However:

- The control panel does'nt work, i didn't spend much time looking at it. It seems it refers to an unexisting class (NewListModel, see ILPharoControlPanel>>initializeWidgets) and to undefined methods (see ILPharoControlPanel>>initializeWidgets).

- I was wondering why all the updating stuff in IliadSessionUI. It can be managed much simpler with the three following methods:

defaultWindowModelClass
    ^ TickingWindowModel

stepTime
    ^ 2000

step
    self updateTree

I found that in the spec book (http://files.pharo.org/books-pdfs/spec/2016-11-15-SpecBooklet.pdf). If you wish to keep the toggle to avoid the refresh of a lot of sessions, you just need to put a boolean in the step method.

But maybe there is a reason that i do not see. Also when the autoupdate is set (with this method or with the one implemented), it has a disturbing behavior (the refresh stops all actions you are performing on menus or on the search bar).

So i was also wondering what was the contributing process: how do i submit code i want to contribute to iliad ?

I'm pretty sure it is very obvious buuuut i never contributed except when i was fully in command back in 2010 :p So i don't know how to do it.

Steven.

Re: About session ui and iliad control panel

hernanmd
Hi Steven

> i've loaded iliad in pharo 6.1 (31bits) and it works well.
>
> However:
>
> - The control panel does'nt work, i didn't spend much time looking at it. It
> seems it refers to an unexisting class (NewListModel, see
> ILPharoControlPanel>>initializeWidgets) and to undefined methods (see
> ILPharoControlPanel>>initializeWidgets).

Yes, I noticed the NewListModel was removed from Pharo 6.1 and one
should replace it with one of the ListModel subclasses. Then the Spec
list menu uses a MenuMorph instead of a MenuModel (?). I read this is
a bug and I fixed so now it is working.

> - I was wondering why all the updating stuff in IliadSessionUI. It can be
> managed much simpler with the three following methods:
>
> defaultWindowModelClass
>     ^ TickingWindowModel
>
> stepTime
>     ^ 2000
>
> step
>     self updateTree
>
> I found that in the spec book
> (http://files.pharo.org/books-pdfs/spec/2016-11-15-SpecBooklet.pdf). If you
> wish to keep the toggle to avoid the refresh of a lot of sessions, you just
> need to put a boolean in the step method.

This is definitely needed. I borrowed the #toggleAutoUpdate form the
Process Browser, but it never worked anyway.

> But maybe there is a reason that i do not see. Also when the autoupdate is
> set (with this method or with the one implemented), it has a disturbing
> behavior (the refresh stops all actions you are performing on menus or on
> the search bar).
>
> So i was also wondering what was the contributing process: how do i submit
> code i want to contribute to iliad ?

We are using this repo: http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hernan/Iliad

I will create a community repository name or maybe we just should move
everything to GitHub if people is comfortable with it.

> I'm pretty sure it is very obvious buuuut i never contributed except when i
> was fully in command back in 2010 :p So i don't know how to do it.

Just send me your SmalltalkHub username and I will add you to the
committers list.

Cheers,

Hernán

> Steven.

Re: About session ui and iliad control panel

benoit
Hi Hernàn,

  I just loaded Iliad in Pharo 6.1 and got the same issue than Steven
with the control panel.

  I found that you said you had fixed this issue but I didn't found
newer versions of Iliad-SessionSpecUI-HernanMoralesDurand.2. Then I
found that the bug fix is in Iliad-Pharo-Core.0.9.1.3-HernanMoralesDurand.7.

  Just saying it there in case other people have the issue before you
release a new ConfigurationOfIliad.

Thanks,