About the IoT Hackathon last Friday

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Last Friday we went to the IoT Hackathon in Köln and it was a great experience.

Thank you Norbert, Christian, Markus and the whole ZweiDenker team for their generous hospitality: the accommodations where great (beautiful office), the food and drinks super tasty, everybody friendly and welcoming.

Thank you Allex (Oliviera, Inria/RMOD) for running the workshop and for being so patient, friendly and tireless in helping everyone with all aspects of getting experiments up and running.

I knew about PharoThings [1] and TelePharo [2] before, but actually using it in practice to experience connecting software and hardware felt a bit like magic. Thank you Denis (Kudriashov) and Inria/RMOD for developing these packages.

Sven

Re: About the IoT Hackathon last Friday

Denis Kudriashov
Thanks Sven.
(somehow skip your encouraging mail).

Interesting to know impression of visitors from outside of pharo community. And how many were there?

PastedGraphic-2.tiff (588K) Download Attachment
PastedGraphic-1.tiff (603K) Download Attachment

Re: About the IoT Hackathon last Friday

NorbertHartl
To get a better impression we made an image film of the event. Now the 4K version is available on youtube.

hope you like it,

Norbert

Am 22.10.2018 um 16:23 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:

Last Friday we went to the IoT Hackathon in Köln and it was a great experience.

Thank you Norbert, Christian, Markus and the whole ZweiDenker team for their generous hospitality: the accommodations where great (beautiful office), the food and drinks super tasty, everybody friendly and welcoming.

Thank you Allex (Oliviera, Inria/RMOD) for running the workshop and for being so patient, friendly and tireless in helping everyone with all aspects of getting experiments up and running.

I knew about PharoThings [1] and TelePharo [2] before, but actually using it in practice to experience connecting software and hardware felt a bit like magic. Thank you Denis (Kudriashov) and Inria/RMOD for developing these packages.

<PastedGraphic-1.tiff>

<PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

Sven

Re: About the IoT Hackathon last Friday

Ben Coman

On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 at 22:16, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
To get a better impression we made an image film of the event. Now the 4K version is available on youtube.

hope you like it,

Like it? makes me want to jump on a plane for the next one.
Great presentation!!

cheers -ben

Norbert

Am 22.10.2018 um 16:23 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:

Last Friday we went to the IoT Hackathon in Köln and it was a great experience.

Thank you Norbert, Christian, Markus and the whole ZweiDenker team for their generous hospitality: the accommodations where great (beautiful office), the food and drinks super tasty, everybody friendly and welcoming.

Thank you Allex (Oliviera, Inria/RMOD) for running the workshop and for being so patient, friendly and tireless in helping everyone with all aspects of getting experiments up and running.

I knew about PharoThings [1] and TelePharo [2] before, but actually using it in practice to experience connecting software and hardware felt a bit like magic. Thank you Denis (Kudriashov) and Inria/RMOD for developing these packages.

<PastedGraphic-1.tiff>

<PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

Sven

Re: About the IoT Hackathon last Friday

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 17 Nov 2018, at 16:12, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 at 22:16, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To get a better impression we made an image film of the event. Now the 4K version is available on youtube.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIl9FAatKyw
>
> hope you like it,
>
> Like it? makes me want to jump on a plane for the next one.
> Great presentation!!

I saw it already, but yes it is a super great movie and it was a very good event too.

> cheers -ben
>

> Norbert
>

>> Am 22.10.2018 um 16:23 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Last Friday we went to the IoT Hackathon in Köln and it was a great experience.
>>
>> Thank you Norbert, Christian, Markus and the whole ZweiDenker team for their generous hospitality: the accommodations where great (beautiful office), the food and drinks super tasty, everybody friendly and welcoming.
>>
>> Thank you Allex (Oliviera, Inria/RMOD) for running the workshop and for being so patient, friendly and tireless in helping everyone with all aspects of getting experiments up and running.
>>
>> I knew about PharoThings [1] and TelePharo [2] before, but actually using it in practice to experience connecting software and hardware felt a bit like magic. Thank you Denis (Kudriashov) and Inria/RMOD for developing these packages.
>>
>> <PastedGraphic-1.tiff>
>>
>> <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>
>>
>> Sven
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/pharo-iot/PharoThings
>> [2] https://github.com/pharo-ide/TelePharo

Re: About the IoT Hackathon last Friday

Hans-Martin
Very nice, count me in for the next one :-)

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

Re: About the IoT Hackathon last Friday

Andy Burnett
Do you think there is anyway we could run one of these virtually? I would love to have been involved, but finding time to travel is tricky. A virtual (or blended) event would be much easier. If it helps, I have a corporate Zoom account thst would support up to 500 participants - gotta think big :-)

Cheers
Andy