Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

About the IoT Hackathon last Friday

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Last Friday we went to the IoT Hackathon in Köln and it was a great experience.

Thank you Norbert, Christian, Markus and the whole ZweiDenker team for their generous hospitality: the accommodations where great (beautiful office), the food and drinks super tasty, everybody friendly and welcoming.

Thank you Allex (Oliviera, Inria/RMOD) for running the workshop and for being so patient, friendly and tireless in helping everyone with all aspects of getting experiments up and running.

I knew about PharoThings [1] and TelePharo [2] before, but actually using it in practice to experience connecting software and hardware felt a bit like magic. Thank you Denis (Kudriashov) and Inria/RMOD for developing these packages.

Sven

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: About the IoT Hackathon last Friday

NorbertHartl
Thank you for the kind words! It was our pleasure to have you with us. Everything went well and we had a beautiful day together. So good we have to repeat this!!

Norbert

Am 22.10.2018 um 16:23 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:

Thank you Norbert, Christian, Markus and the whole ZweiDenker team for their generous hospitality: the accommodations where great (beautiful office), the food and drinks super tasty, everybody friendly and welcoming.

Thank you Allex (Oliviera, Inria/RMOD) for running the workshop and for being so patient, friendly and tireless in helping everyone with all aspects of getting experiments up and running.

I knew about PharoThings [1] and TelePharo [2] before, but actually using it in practice to experience connecting software and hardware felt a bit like magic. Thank you Denis (Kudriashov) and Inria/RMOD for developing these packages.

Sven

Reply | Threaded
|

Denis Kudriashov
In reply to this post by Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Thanks Sven. 
(somehow skip your encouraging mail).

Interesting to know impression of visitors from outside of pharo community. And how many were there?

пн, 22 окт. 2018 г., 15:24 Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:

Sven

PastedGraphic-2.tiff (588K) Download Attachment
PastedGraphic-1.tiff (603K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
To get a better impression we made an image film of the event. Now the 4K version is available on youtube.

hope you like it,

Norbert

<PastedGraphic-1.tiff>

<PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

Sven

Reply | Threaded
|

Ben Coman

On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 at 22:16, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
To get a better impression we made an image film of the event. Now the 4K version is available on youtube.

hope you like it,

Like it? makes me want to jump on a plane for the next one.
Great presentation!!

cheers -ben

Norbert

<PastedGraphic-1.tiff>

<PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

Sven

Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 17 Nov 2018, at 16:12, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 at 22:16, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To get a better impression we made an image film of the event. Now the 4K version is available on youtube.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIl9FAatKyw
>
> hope you like it,
>
> Like it? makes me want to jump on a plane for the next one.
> Great presentation!!

I saw it already, but yes it is a super great movie and it was a very good event too.

> cheers -ben
>  
>
> Norbert
>
>
>> Am 22.10.2018 um 16:23 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Last Friday we went to the IoT Hackathon in Köln and it was a great experience.
>>
>> Thank you Norbert, Christian, Markus and the whole ZweiDenker team for their generous hospitality: the accommodations where great (beautiful office), the food and drinks super tasty, everybody friendly and welcoming.
>>
>> Thank you Allex (Oliviera, Inria/RMOD) for running the workshop and for being so patient, friendly and tireless in helping everyone with all aspects of getting experiments up and running.
>>
>> I knew about PharoThings [1] and TelePharo [2] before, but actually using it in practice to experience connecting software and hardware felt a bit like magic. Thank you Denis (Kudriashov) and Inria/RMOD for developing these packages.
>>
>> <PastedGraphic-1.tiff>
>>
>> <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>
>>
>> Sven
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/pharo-iot/PharoThings
>> [2] https://github.com/pharo-ide/TelePharo
>>
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Hans-Martin
In reply to this post by NorbertHartl
Very nice, count me in for the next one :-)

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Andy Burnett
Do you think there is anyway we could run one of these virtually? I would love to have been involved, but finding time to travel is tricky. A virtual (or blended) event would be much easier. If it helps, I have a corporate Zoom account thst would support up to 500 participants - gotta think big :-)

Cheers
Andy