Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

About the IoT Hackathon last Friday

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Last Friday we went to the IoT Hackathon in Köln and it was a great experience.

Thank you Norbert, Christian, Markus and the whole ZweiDenker team for their generous hospitality: the accommodations where great (beautiful office), the food and drinks super tasty, everybody friendly and welcoming.

Thank you Allex (Oliviera, Inria/RMOD) for running the workshop and for being so patient, friendly and tireless in helping everyone with all aspects of getting experiments up and running.

I knew about PharoThings [1] and TelePharo [2] before, but actually using it in practice to experience connecting software and hardware felt a bit like magic. Thank you Denis (Kudriashov) and Inria/RMOD for developing these packages.

Sven

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: About the IoT Hackathon last Friday

NorbertHartl
Thank you for the kind words! It was our pleasure to have you with us. Everything went well and we had a beautiful day together. So good we have to repeat this!!

Norbert

Am 22.10.2018 um 16:23 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:

Thank you Norbert, Christian, Markus and the whole ZweiDenker team for their generous hospitality: the accommodations where great (beautiful office), the food and drinks super tasty, everybody friendly and welcoming.

Thank you Allex (Oliviera, Inria/RMOD) for running the workshop and for being so patient, friendly and tireless in helping everyone with all aspects of getting experiments up and running.

I knew about PharoThings [1] and TelePharo [2] before, but actually using it in practice to experience connecting software and hardware felt a bit like magic. Thank you Denis (Kudriashov) and Inria/RMOD for developing these packages.

Sven

Reply | Threaded
|

Denis Kudriashov
In reply to this post by Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Thanks Sven. 
(somehow skip your encouraging mail).

Interesting to know impression of visitors from outside of pharo community. And how many were there?

пн, 22 окт. 2018 г., 15:24 Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:

Sven

PastedGraphic-2.tiff (588K) Download Attachment
PastedGraphic-1.tiff (603K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
To get a better impression we made an image film of the event. Now the 4K version is available on youtube.

hope you like it,

Norbert

<PastedGraphic-1.tiff>

<PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

Sven

Reply | Threaded
|

Ben Coman

On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 at 22:16, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
To get a better impression we made an image film of the event. Now the 4K version is available on youtube.

hope you like it,

Like it? makes me want to jump on a plane for the next one.
Great presentation!!

cheers -ben

Norbert

<PastedGraphic-1.tiff>

<PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

Sven

Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 17 Nov 2018, at 16:12, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 at 22:16, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To get a better impression we made an image film of the event. Now the 4K version is available on youtube.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIl9FAatKyw
>
> hope you like it,
>
> Like it? makes me want to jump on a plane for the next one.
> Great presentation!!

I saw it already, but yes it is a super great movie and it was a very good event too.

> cheers -ben
>  
>
> Norbert
>
>
>> Am 22.10.2018 um 16:23 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Last Friday we went to the IoT Hackathon in Köln and it was a great experience.
>>
>> Thank you Norbert, Christian, Markus and the whole ZweiDenker team for their generous hospitality: the accommodations where great (beautiful office), the food and drinks super tasty, everybody friendly and welcoming.
>>
>> Thank you Allex (Oliviera, Inria/RMOD) for running the workshop and for being so patient, friendly and tireless in helping everyone with all aspects of getting experiments up and running.
>>
>> I knew about PharoThings [1] and TelePharo [2] before, but actually using it in practice to experience connecting software and hardware felt a bit like magic. Thank you Denis (Kudriashov) and Inria/RMOD for developing these packages.
>>
>> <PastedGraphic-1.tiff>
>>
>> <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>
>>
>> Sven
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/pharo-iot/PharoThings
>> [2] https://github.com/pharo-ide/TelePharo
>>
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Hans-Martin
In reply to this post by NorbertHartl
Very nice, count me in for the next one :-)

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Andy Burnett
Do you think there is anyway we could run one of these virtually? I would love to have been involved, but finding time to travel is tricky. A virtual (or blended) event would be much easier. If it helps, I have a corporate Zoom account thst would support up to 500 participants - gotta think big :-)

Cheers
Andy
Reply | Threaded
|

Holger Freyther

> On 17. Nov 2018, at 14:15, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> To get a better impression we made an image film of the event. Now the 4K version is available on youtube.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIl9FAatKyw

neat!

Reply | Threaded
|

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Great video guys!

The only think I wonder when I saw hackathon and technical videos in general is when/how we will get more diversity represented in the participants (ethnicities, ages, gender), but of course this is a hard open question that we all need to solve.

Cheers,

Offray

On 17/11/18 9:15, Norbert Hartl wrote:

hope you like it,

Norbert

<PastedGraphic-1.tiff>

<PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

Sven

Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
For an event like this which is one day long people won‘t arrive from far. So it is expected to see most people being caucasian.
Hackathons usually attract more young people I guess. We are working on the gender but is still not easy as it just started that women come back to the industry.

But I agree that diversity is something support.  

Norbert

Am 24.11.2018 um 01:36 schrieb Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]>:

Great video guys!

The only think I wonder when I saw hackathon and technical videos in general is when/how we will get more diversity represented in the participants (ethnicities, ages, gender), but of course this is a hard open question that we all need to solve.

Cheers,

Offray

hope you like it,

Norbert

<PastedGraphic-1.tiff>

<PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

Sven

Reply | Threaded
|

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

And if the video came from an event is in Latin America we would have mostly young and mature Latino males, as we are also struggling in gender and other kinds of inclusiveness. The diversity problem is a big one.

Cheers,

Offray

On 24/11/18 6:44, Norbert Hartl wrote:
For an event like this which is one day long people won‘t arrive from far. So it is expected to see most people being caucasian.
Hackathons usually attract more young people I guess. We are working on the gender but is still not easy as it just started that women come back to the industry.

But I agree that diversity is something support.  

Norbert

Am 24.11.2018 um 01:36 schrieb Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]>:

Great video guys!

Cheers,

Offray

hope you like it,

Norbert

<PastedGraphic-1.tiff>

<PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

Sven