About working with XML

Jorge Silva - 10Pines
Hi guys!
I'm new to this group, so nice to meet you.
I'm starting to work with Pharo and my first issue is how to work with XML.
Can someone tell me about some package or "framework" to work with XML (parse it and serialize objects to it).
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Jorge

Re: About working with XML

Mariano Martinez Peck
jajajajaj y vos antes me preguntabas que era Pharo...que grande!!!

Jorge: the only thing I know for XML is the monticello package called  XML Support. The repository is
http://www.squeaksource.com/XMLSupport
But I don't know much more than that. Michael Rueger may help you.

Cheers,

Mariano

2009/11/18 Jorge Silva - 10Pines <[hidden email]>
Hi guys!
I'm new to this group, so nice to meet you.
I'm starting to work with Pharo and my first issue is how to work with XML.
Can someone tell me about some package or "framework" to work with XML (parse it and serialize objects to it).
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Jorge

Re: About working with XML

Alexandre Bergel
Hola Todos!

I have intensively been working with XML in Pharo for more than a year.
I also contributed to have a XPath library (http://www.squeaksource.com/Pastell.html
)
You can find an example on how to use it in the CAnalyzer project. But
this may be a bit criptic. But in any case, some tests coming with
Pastell should help.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 18 Nov 2009, at 15:31, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> jajajajaj y vos antes me preguntabas que era Pharo...que grande!!!
>
> Jorge: the only thing I know for XML is the monticello package
> called  XML Support. The repository is
> http://www.squeaksource.com/XMLSupport
> But I don't know much more than that. Michael Rueger may help you.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mariano
>
> 2009/11/18 Jorge Silva - 10Pines <[hidden email]>
> Hi guys!
> I'm new to this group, so nice to meet you.
> I'm starting to work with Pharo and my first issue is how to work
> with XML.
> Can someone tell me about some package or "framework" to work with
> XML (parse it and serialize objects to it).
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Cheers,
> Jorge

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: About working with XML

hernanmd
Hi Jorge,
  There is a XPath parser in http://www.squeaksource.com/XPath.html
though provides pretty basic support (no functions, operators yet).
Cheers,

HernĂ¡n