classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AbtDirectoryPrompter unfriendly behavior with shares

Wayne Johnston
Running on Windows...

AbtFileSelectionPrompter/CwFileSelectionPrompter open up the system's file selection dialog, where I can peruse a UNC Share.

But AbtDirectoryPrompter brings up a dialog implemented in VAST.  I can type in a UNC Share path, and it's accepted if it's legal.  But I don't see a friendly way to peruse a Share.  Is there a solution?

Posting this partly since this forum appears idle since December 18, so I am seeing if it's just me...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/97a7ebdc-247f-4605-b1de-b2192932add3n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AbtDirectoryPrompter unfriendly behavior with shares

Seth Berman
Hi Wayne,

I think our support channel indicates that people are back from vacation starting today;)

I don't know the answer to your question, at the moment.  I do know a bit about UNC shares since I added specific code to support that for file redirection in the forthcoming OsProcess application, so I think it would be a feature that would explicitly need to be added.
I believe a native directly prompter for Windows is on our backlog, so I am happy to have a second look at it and see what it would take to have it implemented.

Happy New Year.

- Seth

On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 3:46:03 PM UTC-5 [hidden email] wrote:
Running on Windows...

AbtFileSelectionPrompter/CwFileSelectionPrompter open up the system's file selection dialog, where I can peruse a UNC Share.

But AbtDirectoryPrompter brings up a dialog implemented in VAST.  I can type in a UNC Share path, and it's accepted if it's legal.  But I don't see a friendly way to peruse a Share.  Is there a solution?

Posting this partly since this forum appears idle since December 18, so I am seeing if it's just me...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/ead09316-f12d-4dfc-b707-259084e23ab9n%40googlegroups.com.