Accessing the query from WATask?

Ken Causey-3
I'd like to make use of WATask to model a process but part of the
requirement is to grab a piece of the initial query to start out the
process.  At the moment I can't find a way to do this.  Once again I'm
using Seaside 2.5 in Squeak3.8.

Ken

Re: Accessing the query from WATask?

cdavidshaffer
Ken Causey wrote:

>I'd like to make use of WATask to model a process but part of the
>requirement is to grab a piece of the initial query to start out the
>process.  At the moment I can't find a way to do this.  Once again I'm
>using Seaside 2.5 in Squeak3.8.
>
>Ken

Normally I create my own subclass of WARenderLoopMain and override
start: (which is sent upon receiving a request w/o a valid session key)
so that I can select a different component to display based on the
request but you can probably just override the same-named method in a
session subclass if you have no need to change the root component.

David

Re: Accessing the query from WATask?

Lukas Renggli
> >I'd like to make use of WATask to model a process but part of the
> >requirement is to grab a piece of the initial query to start out the
> >process.  At the moment I can't find a way to do this.  Once again I'm
> >using Seaside 2.5 in Squeak3.8.
> >
> >Ken
> >

> Normally I create my own subclass of WARenderLoopMain and override
> start: (which is sent upon receiving a request w/o a valid session key)
> so that I can select a different component to display based on the
> request but you can probably just override the same-named method in a
> session subclass if you have no need to change the root component.

Override the method #initialRequest:

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

David Shaffer wrote:
> Normally I create my own subclass of WARenderLoopMain and override
> start: (which is sent upon receiving a request w/o a valid session
> key)
> so that I can select a different component to display based on the
> request but you can probably just override the same-named method in a
> session subclass if you have no need to change the root component.
>
> David

Thanks again David, I don't at the moment obviously see what I can do
there unless it is that at that point #session should return something
other than nil.  But I'm still looking.

Lukus Renggli wrote:
> Override the method #initialRequest:
>
> Lukas

I don't see any implementer or #initialRequest: in my image.  Could this
perhaps be a feature of a newer version of Seaside than 2.5?

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 10:54 -0500, Ken Causey wrote:

> David Shaffer wrote:
> > Normally I create my own subclass of WARenderLoopMain and override
> > start: (which is sent upon receiving a request w/o a valid session
> > key)
> > so that I can select a different component to display based on the
> > request but you can probably just override the same-named method in a
> > session subclass if you have no need to change the root component.
> >
> > David
>
> Thanks again David, I don't at the moment obviously see what I can do
> there unless it is that at that point #session should return something
> other than nil.  But I'm still looking.
uh, duh...  /me finally notes the argument 'aRequest'.

Ken