Aconcagua-Magritte

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I pushed some Aconcagua extensions to http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/SeanDeNigris/AconcaguaAddOns/main/

The package relevant to Magritte specifically is . This gives you MAMeasureDescription, which represents an Aconcagua Measure. It mostly acts like a number field mapped to its amount. You just have to tell it which unit to use to convert the amount number into a Measure.

Example usage:
        MAMeasureDescription new
                accessor: #replacementPrice;
                label: 'Replacement Price';
                unit: AmDollar new;
                yourself

Then, you can type 100 in a Magritte form and "100 dollars" will be saved to the model. Enjoy!
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Aconcagua-Magritte

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
The package relevant to Magritte specifically is
... Aconcagua-Magritte
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Aconcagua-Magritte

fstephany
For people wondering what the hell is Aconcagua (like me):

http://forum.world.st/ANN-New-Aconcagua-amp-Chalten-packages-td1301458.html

Aconcagua provides a model that represents measures as first class objects, that is, an object that encapsulates a number with its unit.
A more detailed description can be found in:

http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/Teaching/CoursAnnecy/0506-M1-COO/aconcagua-p292-wilkinson.pdf

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> The package relevant to Magritte specifically is

... Aconcagua-Magritte

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Aconcagua-Magritte

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
fstephany wrote
For people wondering what the hell is Aconcagua (like me)...
Ha ha, thanks. It let's you easily model units, so instead of error-prone conversions, one can write things like:
  1 millimeter + 2 feet + 6 inches

BTW the repository locations have changed since that ml post. They are now:
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~maxi/Aconcagua
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~maxi/Chalten

They both have configurations, and can be loaded from Pharo 3.0's Configuration Browser (I'll see about adding to the browser for 4.0)
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Aconcagua-Magritte

Cameron Sanders