ActionButton behavior changed in VWPUL7.10

ActionButton behavior changed in VWPUL7.10

Braun
I'm wondering about the ActionButton it does no longer react to the
Enter-Key since VW7.10.
I tested this in Windows XP and Windows Vista, it only reacts to a
mouse-click, but not to the Enter-Key as it does in the versions before.
Is that a bug or a feature?

Norbert Braun

Re: ActionButton behavior changed in VWPUL7.10

Karsten Kusche
it’s even worse if you have multiple buttons, because then enter will behave as Tab-key and move focus to the next button. To me that’s the most annoying change since 7.10 was introduced.
You can however still use the space key to trigger the button.

Kind Regards
Karsten

--
Karsten Kusche - Dipl. Inf. (FH) - [hidden email]
Georg Heeg eK - Köthen

Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014 um 16:16 schrieb Braun:

I'm wondering about the ActionButton it does no longer react to the
Enter-Key since VW7.10.
I tested this in Windows XP and Windows Vista, it only reacts to a
mouse-click, but not to the Enter-Key as it does in the versions before.
Is that a bug or a feature?

Norbert Braun

Re: ActionButton behavior changed in VWPUL7.10

Steven Kelly

That’s a bug – on windows, if a button has focus and Enter is pressed, the button is pressed.

In 7.10, pressing Enter will cause no action, or if another button elsewhere in the window is set as default, it will cause that other button to be pressed, which is incorrect.

7.9.1 behaves correctly: if a button has focus, Enter causes it to be pressed. If a non-button has focus, Enter causes the default button in the window to be pressed.

Steve

Re: ActionButton behavior changed in VWPUL7.10

Antony Blakey-5
70201: "[UISkinning] Enter button doesn't behave correctly wrt buttons on Windows."

On 22 May 2014, at 0:29, Steven Kelly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That’s a bug – on windows, if a button has focus and Enter is pressed, the button is pressed.
> In 7.10, pressing Enter will cause no action, or if another button elsewhere in the window is set as default, it will cause that other button to be pressed, which is incorrect.
> 7.9.1 behaves correctly: if a button has focus, Enter causes it to be pressed. If a non-button has focus, Enter causes the default button in the window to be pressed.
>
> Steve

Antony Blakey
--------------------------
Ph: +61 438 840 787

Hi, I'd like to do $THING. I know that $SOLUTION_A and $SOLUTION_B will do it very easily and for a very reasonable price, but I don't want to use $SOLUTION_A or $SOLUTION_B because $VAGUE_REASON and $CONTRADICTORY_REASON. Instead, I'd like your under-informed ideas on how to achieve my $POORLY_CONCEIVED_AMBITIONS using Linux, duct tape, an iPod, and hours and hours of my precious time.
  -- Slashdot response to an enquiry

Re: ActionButton behavior changed in VWPUL7.10

Steven Kelly
Thanks Antony! This was actually a base 7.10 visual.im, so not UISkinning. A
quick test after loading the 7.10 UISkinning preview parcel and setting it
the L&F to Skinned seems to show the same problem is there.

Looks like it's the removal of TriggerButtonController>>processKeyboardEvent:
in 7.10 that's the problem. Adding it back makes Enter press the focused
button again; of course there may be undesirable side effects that this short
test didn't reveal.

processKeyboardEvent: aKeyboardEvent
        ^self
                processKeyboardEvent: aKeyboardEvent