Activating Halos around morphs

Daniel Klein
I'm new to Pharo and I'm going through the PBE book (yep, I bought it). I'm using the image that goes with the book on Windows XP Pro.

I can't get halos around any morphs and I don't see a setting in the Preferences browser (I notice this was changed to Settings in later releases).

I tried evaluating

Preferences enable: #halosEnabled

but it had no effect.

Interestingly, I can get halos around the the World menu with alt+left-click, but once I pin it, I can no longer get the halos.

What am I missing?

Daniel Klein

Re: Activating Halos around morphs

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi and welcome! I hope you enjoy the book.

Maybe this helps: http://book.pharo-project.org/book/TipsAndTricks/HowToTurnOnHalos/

Let us know,

Mariano

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Daniel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm new to Pharo and I'm going through the PBE book (yep, I bought it). I'm using the image that goes with the book on Windows XP Pro.

I can't get halos around any morphs and I don't see a setting in the Preferences browser (I notice this was changed to Settings in later releases).

I tried evaluating

Preferences enable: #halosEnabled

but it had no effect.

Interestingly, I can get halos around the the World menu with alt+left-click, but once I pin it, I can no longer get the halos.

What am I missing?

Daniel Klein

Re: Activating Halos around morphs

Daniel Klein
Yep, that helped. I guess that means that halos are always enabled as I could find no Preference (or Setting) to control it. Would that be considered an 'error' in the book/pdf? Should I submit this on the books discussion list?

And thanks for pointing to that documentation. If it's linked from the main Pharo website, I couldn't find it.

Dan

Re: Activating Halos around morphs

there are not enabled. You should click + shit option to get them.

Stef
On Oct 24, 2010, at 11:21 PM, Daniel Klein wrote:

> Yep, that helped. I guess that means that halos are always enabled as I could find no Preference (or Setting) to control it. Would that be considered an 'error' in the book/pdf? Should I submit this on the books discussion list?
>
> And thanks for pointing to that documentation. If it's linked from the main Pharo website, I couldn't find it.
>
> Dan

According to the link that Mariano sent, I was able to display the halos (on
Windows) with alt+shift+click.

Using your method, I had to send a 'flush' message ;-)

Dan ;-)