Active IRC Chanel

Ian Ian
Hi All,

Is there an active IRC Chanel?  Read somewhere (can't remember) that there is one labeled #pharo.  Is this true if so may I ask on which server it resides?

Kindly in advance,

Re: Active IRC Chanel

Marcus Denker-4

> On 21 Dec 2017, at 04:34, Ian Ian <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Is there an active IRC Chanel?

No. There is (or was) an inactive one.

> Read somewhere (can't remember) that there is one labeled #pharo.  Is this true if so may I ask on which server it resides?

I guess it is still there, it was on freenode I think.

The Discord chat is quite active. For me it works much better than IRC. Maybe I had just a bad IRC
client, but it never was a nice experience.

        Marcus

Re: Active IRC Chanel

EstebanLM

> On 21 Dec 2017, at 08:27, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 21 Dec 2017, at 04:34, Ian Ian <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is there an active IRC Chanel?
>
> No. There is (or was) an inactive one.
>

>> Read somewhere (can't remember) that there is one labeled #pharo.  Is this true if so may I ask on which server it resides?
>>

> I guess it is still there, it was on freenode I think.
>
> The Discord chat is quite active. For me it works much better than IRC. Maybe I had just a bad IRC
> client, but it never was a nice experience.

yes.
I don’t understand why, but #irc channel never worked while discord works pretty well and is very active.
I mean… at the end, discord is no more than a glorified irc, but well… one works and the other don’t :)

Esteban

> Marcus

Re: Active IRC Chanel

Stephane Ducasse-3