Active-X Component Wizard: Generating classes

Active-X Component Wizard: Generating classes

Chris Hayes
I've run into a problem with the Active-X component wizard where it attempts
to generate a class defined in the type library even if I've deselected the
entry in the list of available types.

It appears that if entity A references entity B in its IDL, an attempt will
be made to generate a class for entity B in the course of generating the
class for entity A, even if entity B is not selected in the list.

The problem I have in my scenario is that I don't want "entity B" to be
generated because package "Dolphin" already defines it and, if the component
wizard attempts to define an existing class, I get a walkback (package does
not understand #packageManager).

Any ideas on how I might be able to get around this problem? (Running 4.0
with PL1)

Thanks.

Chris Hayes

Re: Active-X Component Wizard: Generating classes

Chris Hayes
"Chris Hayes" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:o7zk6.45$[hidden email]...
> I've run into a problem with the Active-X component wizard where it
attempts
> to generate a class defined in the type library even if I've deselected
the
> entry in the list of available types.
>
> It appears that if entity A references entity B in its IDL, an attempt
will
> be made to generate a class for entity B in the course of generating the
> class for entity A, even if entity B is not selected in the list.
>
> The problem I have in my scenario is that I don't want "entity B" to be
> generated because package "Dolphin" already defines it and, if the
component
> wizard attempts to define an existing class, I get a walkback (package
does
> not understand #packageManager).
>
> Any ideas on how I might be able to get around this problem? (Running 4.0
> with PL1)

O.K.  Looks like the problem is with AXTTypeInfoAnalyzer>>packageCheck:.
It's sending #packageManager to ivar "hisPackage" (a Package) rather than
#package.  Made the change and everything seems to be working fine now.

Chris