ActiveX question

Bruno Brasesco
Hi all,

I'm trying to add an ActiveXControSite to myPresenter, but I'm having some
problems.

I can open a .PDF file inside the AXControlBrowser but, this does not work
with myPresenter.

myPresenter open the .PDF file but do not show the file (sometimes i can see
some part of the file), i think there's a refresh problem. Because when I
resize the presenter i can see a part of the .PDF file.

Any idea ?

Best Regards
Bruno Brasesco

PS: Can Dolphin with AXControlSite open a MicrosoftWord Document inside a
Shell or a CompositePresenter ?

Re: ActiveX question

Jerry Bell
I assume you're using the Adobe control.  This is a problem I've run into
before.   I don't know where the problem is, and I've been able to reproduce
it with a web browser control as well.

The nasty hack I've used in the past is to 'nudge' the presenter after it is
initially show; by increasing its size by one, then decreasing it again, but
that definitely isn't a pretty solution.

You'll find that the web browser control will open lots of documents- try
using it to open the local file.  This would work with pdf and many other
formats- the same as if you were opening them from IE.

Jerry Bell
[hidden email]

"Bruno Brasesco" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:9hievv$edfu8$[hidden email]...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to add an ActiveXControSite to myPresenter, but I'm having some
> problems.
>
> I can open a .PDF file inside the AXControlBrowser but, this does not work
> with myPresenter.
>
> myPresenter open the .PDF file but do not show the file (sometimes i can
see

> some part of the file), i think there's a refresh problem. Because when I
> resize the presenter i can see a part of the .PDF file.
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Best Regards
> Bruno Brasesco
>
> PS: Can Dolphin with AXControlSite open a MicrosoftWord Document inside a
> Shell or a CompositePresenter ?

Re: ActiveX question

Blair McGlashan
Bruno

There is a known problem with the Adobe PDF control (see the ActiveX Control
Hosting package comment). The control appears to be buggy and doesn't redraw
correctly in a number of containers I've tested (e.g. the "ActiveX Control
Test Container" supplied with VisualStudio), though it does work OK (perhaps
unsurprisingly) in IE and VB. I'm not sure what it is that VB and IE do
differently to make it work.

Regards

Blair

"Bruno Brasesco" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:9hievv$edfu8$[hidden email]...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to add an ActiveXControSite to myPresenter, but I'm having some
> problems.
>
> I can open a .PDF file inside the AXControlBrowser but, this does not work
> with myPresenter.
>
> myPresenter open the .PDF file but do not show the file (sometimes i can
see

> some part of the file), i think there's a refresh problem. Because when I
> resize the presenter i can see a part of the .PDF file.
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Best Regards
> Bruno Brasesco
>
> PS: Can Dolphin with AXControlSite open a MicrosoftWord Document inside a
> Shell or a CompositePresenter ?

Re: ActiveX question

Blair McGlashan
Jerry

You wrote in message news:9hilh0$dseh2$[hidden email]...
> I assume you're using the Adobe control.  This is a problem I've run into
> before.   I don't know where the problem is, and I've been able to
reproduce
> it with a web browser control as well.

That is a different problem, probably related to hierarchical window nesting
(I've long suspected there is an order problem in the way in which Windows
repaints hierarchically nested windows). The Adobe control has serious
redraw problems when hosted in Dolphin - it never works.

Regards

Blair

Re: ActiveX question

Jerry Bell
Ah, but if you open a PDF in the IE control, then one would expect it to
work (?), but I think it exhibits the same behavior - that is, the problem
with nesting.

Adobe says their PDF control is not a complete ActiveX implementation and
isn't supposed to be used that way.   Does it seem reasonable to work around
it by hosting it in the IE control?  Assuming the nesting problem is fixed
of course.

Jerry Bell
[hidden email]

news:9hkajn$e2pp0$[hidden email]...