Activity Diagram

SergeStinckwich
Dear all,

with a colleague from Savoie University, we are looking for some
Smalltalk code in order to model, execute and animate Activity
Diagram. Any existing works ?

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

Re: Activity Diagram

abergel
As far as I know, there is nothing like this, however we are quite interested in visualizing activity diagrams.

Roassal should support this kind of diagram. In addition, we have two code profilers framework to extract the execution (Gadget and Spy).

I will be happy to beta-test any code that goes in that direction.

Kind regards,
Alexandre

On Dec 23, 2013, at 3:39 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> with a colleague from Savoie University, we are looking for some
> Smalltalk code in order to model, execute and animate Activity
> Diagram. Any existing works ?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Activity Diagram

Uko2
You can talk with Roberto Minelli, as he is doing something for DFlow (but in js as far as I know). Maybe he can tell something useful.

Uko

On 23 Dec 2013, at 18:09, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As far as I know, there is nothing like this, however we are quite interested in visualizing activity diagrams.
>
> Roassal should support this kind of diagram. In addition, we have two code profilers framework to extract the execution (Gadget and Spy).
>
> I will be happy to beta-test any code that goes in that direction.
>
> Kind regards,
> Alexandre
>

> On Dec 23, 2013, at 3:39 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> with a colleague from Savoie University, we are looking for some
>> Smalltalk code in order to model, execute and animate Activity
>> Diagram. Any existing works ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Activity Diagram

Stephan Eggermont-3
Did you take a look at the BabyMock (2) work by Attila Magyar (@zeroflag)?

Stephan

Re: Activity Diagram

SergeStinckwich
Apparently there is some support for collaboration and sequence
diagrams but nothing about activity diagrams.

Regards,

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Did you take a look at the BabyMock (2) work by Attila Magyar (@zeroflag)?
>
> Stephan

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] Activity Diagram

Serge

in VW there was an extension of MethodWrappers that supported the generation of SequenceDiagrams.

Stef

On 23 Dec 2013, at 15:39, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> with a colleague from Savoie University, we are looking for some
> Smalltalk code in order to model, execute and animate Activity
> Diagram. Any existing works ?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] Activity Diagram

Stéphane Ducasse
http://www.laputan.org/brant/brant.html

I remember that we used it.

Stef

> Serge
>
> in VW there was an extension of MethodWrappers that supported the generation of SequenceDiagrams.
>
> Stef
>
> On 23 Dec 2013, at 15:39, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> with a colleague from Savoie University, we are looking for some
>> Smalltalk code in order to model, execute and animate Activity
>> Diagram. Any existing works ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] Activity Diagram

SergeStinckwich
Ok thank you Stéphane, but activity diagrams are quite different from
sequence ones:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activity_diagram

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.laputan.org/brant/brant.html
>
> I remember that we used it.
>
> Stef
>
>> Serge
>>
>> in VW there was an extension of MethodWrappers that supported the generation of SequenceDiagrams.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On 23 Dec 2013, at 15:39, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> with a colleague from Savoie University, we are looking for some
>>> Smalltalk code in order to model, execute and animate Activity
>>> Diagram. Any existing works ?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> --
>>> Serge Stinckwich
>>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] Re: Activity Diagram

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes indeed then in that case I would really try to get ConnectorMorph working in pharo.
I can send you a drop box with a working version in 3.9

stef

On 24 Dec 2013, at 18:11, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok thank you Stéphane, but activity diagrams are quite different from
> sequence ones:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activity_diagram
>
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://www.laputan.org/brant/brant.html
>>
>> I remember that we used it.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>>> Serge
>>>
>>> in VW there was an extension of MethodWrappers that supported the generation of SequenceDiagrams.
>>>
>>> Stef

> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] Re: Activity Diagram

Marcus Denker-4

On 25 Dec 2013, at 19:02, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes indeed then in that case I would really try to get ConnectorMorph working in pharo.
> I can send you a drop box with a working version in 3.9

Keep in mind that Connectors where a quite huge and complex (and intrusive)
(yet *Very very* cool…) piece of work… getting them to work in Pharo will be a challenge.

In the end, I think the largest problem of connectors always was that they here not merged
with Morphic *for real* (while cleaning up both), as they show very much the real power of Morphic.

I did start to integrate the hooks + enhancements in Squeak 3.9, but in the end it turned out
to be quite a hack in some parts and thus just increased the complexity of Morphic…

        Marcus

Re: [Pharo-dev] Re: Activity Diagram

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes you are right. I was looking at the code today and this is too large.
I will read the code from time to time to see what we can do with it because may be a lighter version would
be good.

Stef

>> Yes indeed then in that case I would really try to get ConnectorMorph working in pharo.
>> I can send you a drop box with a working version in 3.9
>>

> Keep in mind that Connectors where a quite huge and complex (and intrusive)
> (yet *Very very* cool…) piece of work… getting them to work in Pharo will be a challenge.
>
> In the end, I think the largest problem of connectors always was that they here not merged
> with Morphic *for real* (while cleaning up both), as they show very much the real power of Morphic.
>
> I did start to integrate the hooks + enhancements in Squeak 3.9, but in the end it turned out
> to be quite a hack in some parts and thus just increased the complexity of Morphic…
>
> Marcus

Re: [Pharo-dev] Activity Diagram

SergeStinckwich
BTW, I found an interesting paper that describe how to draw activity
diagrams here :
http://tobias-lib.uni-tuebingen.de/volltexte/2006/2459/pdf/activity.pdf

Regards,