Actors library

Alex Schenkman
Hi list,

Is there an Actors library already available in Pharo?
The part I'm interested in is the asynchronous message passing.
If it has been done already, why not reuse?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Actors library

Marcus Denker-4
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Alex Schenkman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi list,
> Is there an Actors library already available in Pharo?
> The part I'm interested in is the asynchronous message passing.
> If it has been done already, why not reuse?

Hello,

I do not know any recents efforts... but there is the old work of ACTalk:

http://www-desir.lip6.fr/~briot/actalk/actalk.html

This has been ported to Squeak back than.

--
Marcus Denker  --  [hidden email]
http://www.marcusdenker.de

Re: Actors library

vvernon
Was any progress made with this or any other Actors library?

Thanks!

Vaughn
Best,
Vaughn

Re: Actors library

Stéphane Ducasse
No idea you have the actalk library (you should be able to implement the paper of briot in one afternoon - we did this in the past as an experiment
for somebody to learn smalltalk) and you could also port future from squeak but this is just the basis for
On Jan 24, 2012, at 4:58 AM, vvernon wrote:

> Was any progress made with this or any other Actors library?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Vaughn

Re: Actors library

Stefan Marr-3

On 24 Jan 2012, at 04:58, vvernon wrote:

> Was any progress made with this or any other Actors library?

Depends on what your expectation of an 'actor library' is.

I could package up something that works like E or AmbientTalk. And Clojure's agents are easily implemented, too.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr