Add this to SystemOrganizer?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Motivation: I was trying to delete a category, and found SystemOrganizer via Method Names.  It wasn't immediately obvious how to use it, so I had to whip out SBE to remind me of SystemOrganization.

What do you think about overriding Categorizer class>>default with:

SystemOrganizer class>>default
  ^ SystemOrganization

Thanks.
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Add this to SystemOrganizer?

Andreas.Raab
On 5/17/2010 11:28 AM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Motivation: I was trying to delete a category, and found SystemOrganizer via
> Method Names.  It wasn't immediately obvious how to use it, so I had to whip
> out SBE to remind me of SystemOrganization.
>
> What do you think about overriding Categorizer class>>default with:
>
> SystemOrganizer class>>default
>    ^ SystemOrganization

I think that's a *great* simplification. Would you mind posting the fix
to the inbox at http://source.squeak.org/inbox?

Thanks,
   - Andreas

Re: Add this to SystemOrganizer?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
In Squeak Inbox: System-spd.329

Issue: http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7533
Cheers,
Sean

On 5/18/2010 7:20 AM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> In Squeak Inbox: System-spd.329
>
> Issue: http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7533

Thanks. For the future, the contribution could be improved by:
* Adding a comment to the method explaining the duality of
SystemOrgnanization and SystemOrganizer default
* Adding a test verifying the duality.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Add this to SystemOrganizer?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
On May 18, 2010, at 11:41 AM, "Teleplacer [via Smalltalk]" <[hidden email]
 > wrote:
> For the future, the contribution could be improved by:
> * Adding a comment to the method explaining the duality of
> SystemOrgnanization and SystemOrganizer default
> * Adding a test verifying the duality.

Okay if I have a slow moment, I'll take another look.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Add this to SystemOrganizer?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Teleplacer wrote
Thanks. For the future, the contribution could be improved by:
* Adding a comment to the method explaining the duality of
SystemOrgnanization and SystemOrganizer default
* Adding a test verifying the duality.
Done.

In inbox:
* Tests-spd.80
* System-spd.330 (incl. method comment)

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

On 5/19/2010 1:04 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Teleplacer wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. For the future, the contribution could be improved by:
>> * Adding a comment to the method explaining the duality of
>> SystemOrgnanization and SystemOrganizer default
>> * Adding a test verifying the duality.
>>

> Done.
>
> In inbox:
> * Tests-spd.80