Adding GsDevKit/zodiac to an existing GS Seaside database

Adding GsDevKit/zodiac to an existing GS Seaside database

GLASS mailing list
Hey there,
Looking for some baby-steps answers on how to load GsDevKit/zodiac to my GS Seaside application.

I'm working on integrating with Microsoft Graph. I have it working in our VW Seaside image, but it needs https support, for which I assume I need GsDevKit/zodiac (vs. GsDevKit/Cryptography ?) added to our GS Seaside.

I've never loaded GS code from GitHub... time to learn.

Can someone point me to some 'how to get started' instructions?
Sorry if I've missed some obvious instructions; hoping to save some time by asking.

Thanks for any help,

Bob Nemec
Kore / HTS

Re: Adding GsDevKit/zodiac to an existing GS Seaside database

GLASS mailing list
Bob,

The standard answer is to use GsDevKit_home and then run the $GS_HOME/bin/createStone script and GsDevKit/zodiac will be loaded as part of a standard GsDevKit/GLASS installation ...

I know that you have a custom install of Seaside as you do not use GsDevKit_home, so the standard answer does not apply.

I'll send you some private email to discuss further.

Dale

On Apr 27 2021, at 7:47 am, Bob Nemec via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey there,
Looking for some baby-steps answers on how to load GsDevKit/zodiac to my GS Seaside application.

I'm working on integrating with Microsoft Graph. I have it working in our VW Seaside image, but it needs https support, for which I assume I need GsDevKit/zodiac (vs. GsDevKit/Cryptography ?) added to our GS Seaside.

I've never loaded GS code from GitHub... time to learn.

Can someone point me to some 'how to get started' instructions?
Sorry if I've missed some obvious instructions; hoping to save some time by asking.

Thanks for any help,

Bob Nemec
Kore / HTS

Re: Adding GsDevKit/zodiac to an existing GS Seaside database

GLASS mailing list
Hi Bob,

Another possibility is to use an external ssl capable http client.
We use curl for this and have implemented a subclass of ZnClient that converts the constructed ZnClient’s ZnRequest instance to a curl command that is executed using #performOnSystem: .

Easy and robust. I’m happy to share if you want.

Johan