Adding OAuth & OpenID support to Pharo

Andy Burnett
Hello,

Now that we have added Websocket support to Zinc, I would like to move forward and add OAuth & OpenID.  Sven Van Caekenberghe, and Jan van de Sandt, have put together a proposal, which my company would like to fund. If anyone feels that they would benefit from this - commercially - and would be happy to make a contribution to the development costs, please shoot me an email.  All contributions are gratefully received.

Cheers
Andy

Re: Adding OAuth & OpenID support to Pharo

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks for this call.
This is definitively something that the consortium will support (we are finalizing the last steps with lawyers).

> Hello,
>
> Now that we have added Websocket support to Zinc, I would like to move forward and add OAuth & OpenID.  Sven Van Caekenberghe, and Jan van de Sandt, have put together a proposal, which my company would like to fund. If anyone feels that they would benefit from this - commercially - and would be happy to make a contribution to the development costs, please shoot me an email.  All contributions are gratefully received.
>
> Cheers
> Andy

Re: Adding OAuth & OpenID support to Pharo

drush66
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Andy Burnett
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Now that we have added Websocket support to Zinc, I would like to move
> forward and add OAuth & OpenID.  Sven Van Caekenberghe, and Jan van de
> Sandt, have put together a proposal, which my company would like to fund. If
> anyone feels that they would benefit from this - commercially - and would be
> happy to make a contribution to the development costs, please shoot me an
> email.  All contributions are gratefully received.

This is great news! Maybe you could also benefit from existing work in
Cloudfork project.

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/

Re: Adding OAuth & OpenID support to Pharo

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 11 Oct 2012, at 09:53, Davorin Rusevljan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is great news! Maybe you could also benefit from existing work in Cloudfork project.

Of course, as Jan wrote Cloudfork, and we'll start by porting parts of it.

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: Adding OAuth & OpenID support to Pharo

drush66
Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
On 11 Oct 2012, at 09:53, Davorin Rusevljan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is great news! Maybe you could also benefit from existing work in Cloudfork project.

Of course, as Jan wrote Cloudfork, and we'll start by porting parts of it.
Have you managed to collect enough resources to start this project?

Davorin Ruševljan

Re: Adding OAuth & OpenID support to Pharo

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Davorin,

The Zinc-SSO project is moving forward, just a bit slower than planned.

Soon we will show some live demos and release alpha level code for doing OAuth2 against Google, Facebook and Microsoft providers.

One thing we are evaluating right now is whether or not we should also focus on other OAuth versions/variants.

Please have a look at

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oauth#List_of_OAuth_Service_Providers

With the latest OAuth2 we cover a lot of ground already, maybe it is not a wise application of resources to do the others too ?

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill

It is good to hear you are progressing! Maybe tweeter support would also be nice.

Re: Adding OAuth & OpenID support to Pharo

Jan van de Sandt
Hello,

Yes, Twitter still uses OAuth 1. CloudforkSSO contains support for this version. It won't be very difficult to port this to Zinc-SSO.

Jan.

-----
http://www.cloud208.com/