Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Adding Websocket support to Zinc

Andy Burnett
I think we need Websocket support built into Pharo.  So, rather than talk about it, I have contracted with Sven to build it into Zinc. We hope to have a running version in the early Autumn. 

The purpose of this email is:
  1. To let everyone know that we will have Websocket support soon
  2. To ask if anyone else feels that they would gain commercial benefit from using this feature, and if so, whether they would like to help cover the cost.  If so, please drop me an email.
Cheers
Andy
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Adding Websocket support to Zinc

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi andy

How much money would it be?
In the past ESUG supported open-source bounty so may be you can contact them too.

Stef

> I think we need Websocket support built into Pharo.  So, rather than talk about it, I have contracted with Sven to build it into Zinc. We hope to have a running version in the early Autumn.
>
> The purpose of this email is:
> • To let everyone know that we will have Websocket support soon
> • To ask if anyone else feels that they would gain commercial benefit from using this feature, and if so, whether they would like to help cover the cost.  If so, please drop me an email.
> Cheers
> Andy

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Adding Websocket support to Zinc

Andy Burnett
In reply to this post by Andy Burnett
Hi Stef,
There was an issue of commercial confidentiality about the agreement, which is why I haven't published a figure to the whole list. So, I will mail you directly.

Cheers
Andy

<<<
Hi andy

How much money would it be?
In the past ESUG supported open-source bounty so may be you can contact them too.

Stef
>>>

> I think we need Websocket support built into Pharo.  So, rather than talk about it, I have contracted with Sven to build it into Zinc. We hope to have a running version in the early Autumn.
>
> The purpose of this email is:
>       ? To let everyone know that we will have Websocket support soon
>       ? To ask if anyone else feels that they would gain commercial benefit from using this feature, and if so, whether they would like to help cover the cost.  If so, please drop me an email.
> Cheers
> Andy