Adding an Iceberg repository at startup

Prof. Andrew P. Black
I would like to have the git repositories that I’m working from automatically added to the list of known repositories in Iceberg at startup time.  In other words, I don;t want to have to do a bunch of “Add local repository” commands before I can start work.

What magic can I put in my settings.st file to make this happen?

        Andrew

Re: Adding an Iceberg repository at startup

Mariano Martinez Peck
I would also like that :)

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 6:45 AM, Prof. Andrew P. Black <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like to have the git repositories that I’m working from automatically added to the list of known repositories in Iceberg at startup time.  In other words, I don;t want to have to do a bunch of “Add local repository” commands before I can start work.

What magic can I put in my settings.st file to make this happen?

        Andrew

Re: Adding an Iceberg repository at startup

Peter Uhnak
You can create repositories programatically.

repo := IceRepositoryCreator new
    location: '/home/user/.../';
    subdirectory: 'codeSubdirectory';
    createRepository.
repo register.

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would also like that :)

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 6:45 AM, Prof. Andrew P. Black <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like to have the git repositories that I’m working from automatically added to the list of known repositories in Iceberg at startup time.  In other words, I don;t want to have to do a bunch of “Add local repository” commands before I can start work.

What magic can I put in my settings.st file to make this happen?

        Andrew

Re: Adding an Iceberg repository at startup

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks guys. I ended up doing this:

StartupPreferencesLoader default executeAtomicItems: {
StartupAction
name: '02 Iceberg'
code: [
| repo |

IceCredentialsProvider default sshCredentials
username: 'git';
publicKey: '/Users/mariano/.ssh/id_rsa_github.pub';
privateKey: '/Users/mariano/.ssh/id_rsa_github';
keyPassphrase: 'YYY'.

IceCredentialsProvider default plaintextCredentials
username: '[hidden email]';
password: 'XXX'.

Iceberg enableMetacelloIntegration: true.
IceRepository
shareRepositoriesBetweenImages: true;
sharedRepositoriesLocationString: '/Users/mariano/Pharo/git'.
Iceberg showSystemRepositories: false.

repo := IceRepositoryCreator new
    location: '/Users/mariano/pharo61/pharo-local/iceberg/marianopeck/OSSubprocess' asFileReference;
    subdirectory: 'repository';
    createRepository.
repo register.

                         "more registrations here"

]
runOnce: true.
}.

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can create repositories programatically.

repo := IceRepositoryCreator new
    location: '/home/user/.../';
    subdirectory: 'codeSubdirectory';
    createRepository.
repo register.

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would also like that :)

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 6:45 AM, Prof. Andrew P. Black <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like to have the git repositories that I’m working from automatically added to the list of known repositories in Iceberg at startup time.  In other words, I don;t want to have to do a bunch of “Add local repository” commands before I can start work.

What magic can I put in my settings.st file to make this happen?

        Andrew

Re: Adding an Iceberg repository at startup

Stephane Ducasse-3
I will add this to the tips and tricks except is someone is faster than me.

Stef