Adding events to the IDE

R. Tyler Croy
I've started to add some events to the Amber IDE to allow some functionality to
be grafted on top of the IDE without actually modifying it.

An example of this would be an event that is fired when the Browser#compile
method runs, which would allow an auto-testing tool (which I'm writing for
myself) to run after a user hits save.

Here's some sample code which I'm working with now:
    <https://github.com/rtyler/amber/commit/78437c51beef0ef8e0ea2d620f76c92c8389ff3a#diff-2>

Is this something worth cleaning up, adding a fire more events, and sending
Nicolas a pull request for?

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy
--------------------------------------
    Code: http://github.com/rtyler
 Chatter: http://twitter.com/agentdero

Re: Adding events to the IDE

Nicolas Petton
Le 24/02/2012 07:45, R. Tyler Croy a écrit :

> I've started to add some events to the Amber IDE to allow some functionality to
> be grafted on top of the IDE without actually modifying it.
>
> An example of this would be an event that is fired when the Browser#compile
> method runs, which would allow an auto-testing tool (which I'm writing for
> myself) to run after a user hits save.
>

> Here's some sample code which I'm working with now:
>      <https://github.com/rtyler/amber/commit/78437c51beef0ef8e0ea2d620f76c92c8389ff3a#diff-2>
>
> Is this something worth cleaning up, adding a fire more events, and sending
> Nicolas a pull request for?

yes, at some point the IDE will have to be cleaned up. Events (using
Annoucements, right?) are needed.

Cheers,
Nico

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Adding events to the IDE

gokr
Yes it is, are you using Announcements? Nicolas added that specifically for so called SystemChangeNotifications, since I want to port Deltas to Amber.

regards, Göran

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2, wohoo!