Adding to rb-spelling.dat?

Stuart Herring-2
Hi All,

Is there any way to add words to rb-spelling.dat, or otherwise have
the spelling Code Critics rules ignore certain words?
I'm getting a large number of false positives when I run the Code
Critics, due mainly to the Category spelling rule - it flags as an
error every single method in classes belonging to a category it
believes to be misspelt, and it's making it hard to see the real
issues when looking at the build results in my CI server.
I don't really want to have to completely remove the spelling rules
from my image though...

Regards,
Stuart

Re: Adding to rb-spelling.dat?

Stuart Herring-2
On 11 June 2012 18:25, Stuart Herring <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any way to add words to rb-spelling.dat, or otherwise have
> the spelling Code Critics rules ignore certain words?

Never mind, I figured it out.  I don't know how I missed it, in fact.
The answer was in RBInternalSpellChecker class>>createWordList:

So, in order to extract the current words, I evaluated the following:

  RBInternalSpellChecker new words
      inject: (FileDirectory default newFileNamed: 'words.txt')
      into: [ :file :word | file nextPutAll: word; nextPutAll: String
crlf. file].

Then modified words.txt to include the extra words I needed, then
evaluated the following to rebuild rb-spelling.dat:

  RBInternalSpellChecker createWordList: 'words.txt'.
  RBSpellChecker default initialize

Now I'm down from 1200+ spelling warnings to a much more manageable 67  :)

Regards,
Stuart