Additional information for new projects!

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Additional information for new projects!

birdrock
Dear Amber developers,

I followed the README doc for setting up an environment, and it works.  OK good, step one accomplished!

So, OK, I see the boilerplate text: "This is a sample app. ...." etc and so on.

Ideally, I think the sample text itself should tell me where it is.  Which instance and method is being executed?  I don't know, because it's only been like 28 years since I played with Smalltalk.  So tell me.

It's not in the package based on the project name (which is where I'd expect it to be).  

Where is it?  (The "This is a sample app" text should tell me!).  I'm blocked until I know this.

Thanks,

Rob

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "amber-lang" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Additional information for new projects!

birdrock
Thank you for your prompt reply.  And, of course, index.html is the primary landing page.  Just found this, just as I saw your reply.

Now I try to wrap my head around using it!

On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 4:11:27 PM UTC-5, Herby wrote:
The main entry point that actually does some work is, as you may have already found out, the "augmentPage" method.

It does precisely that: augments the loaded page. The philosophy behind this, you can have actually some content loaded in the HTML itself, and augmentPage brings into life (you can of course start with empty page and build everything yourself).

So look into index.html.

Herby

On June 28, 2018 11:03:07 PM GMT+02:00, <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ycLTWMizCgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">bird...@... wrote:

>Dear Amber developers,
>
>
>
>I followed the README doc for setting up an environment, and it works.
>OK
>good, step one accomplished!
>
>So, OK, I see the boilerplate text: "This is a sample app. ...." etc
>and so
>on.
>
>Ideally, I think the sample text itself should tell me where it is.
>Which
>instance and method is being executed?  I don't know, because it's only
>
>been like 28 years since I played with Smalltalk.  So tell me.
>
>It's not in the package based on the project name (which is where I'd
>expect it to be).  
>
>Where is it?  (The "This is a sample app" text should tell me!).  I'm
>blocked until I know this.
>
>
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rob

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "amber-lang" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.