Additional speedup for Store

1 message Options

Additional speedup for Store

Andres Valloud-2
Hello VWNC,

  And the TimeProfiler was still showing lots of string
  manipulation.  One thing that caught my attention was that
  Symbol>>keywords had to grow aStream quite often.  And indeed, it
  turns out that of ~54k symbols in my image, ~48k have one keyword.
  Hence, I replaced the preset size of 16 with self size.
  Consequently,

  allSymbols := ByteSymbol allInstances.
  Time millisecondsToRun: [allSymbols do: [:each | each keywords]]

  runs about 2.5 times faster (673ms vs 1788ms).

  Hopefully this helps!

--
Best regards,
 Andres                          mailto:[hidden email]

Symbol-keywords.st (1K) Download Attachment