Adopt a Class

James Ladd
We have started the adopt a class drive. More here:
http://www.redline.st/blog/2011/12/22/adopt-a-class.html

Re: Adopt a Class

Lee Breisacher-2
I just want to point out that adopting *a* class is often somewhat impractical -- it ends up quickly spilling over into other classes. For example, I've just come to Object>printString which gets into String and WriteStream and Stream, etc. I assume it's ok to let our adoption work meander whereever it leads...

Lee

Re: Adopt a Class

SeanTAllen
Its a journey. We'll make it all work when they come together.

On Thursday, December 22, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Lee Breisacher wrote:

I just want to point out that adopting *a* class is often somewhat impractical -- it ends up quickly spilling over into other classes. For example, I've just come to Object>printString which gets into String and WriteStream and Stream, etc. I assume it's ok to let our adoption work meander whereever it leads...

Lee

Re: Adopt a Class

James Ladd
+1 to what Sean said.

I'm also right here to handle issues raised in GIT (which I should add to adoptions post)
and to handle primitives should they be required and people dont want to do them
themselves.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Sean T Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Its a journey. We'll make it all work when they come together.

On Thursday, December 22, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Lee Breisacher wrote:

I just want to point out that adopting *a* class is often somewhat impractical -- it ends up quickly spilling over into other classes. For example, I've just come to Object>printString which gets into String and WriteStream and Stream, etc. I assume it's ok to let our adoption work meander whereever it leads...

Lee

Re: Adopt a Class

SeanTAllen
OBJECTS-AND-PROTOCOLS