Advanced preferences for Pharo

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

At PharoDays I presented how I am managing my preferences in Pharo in
a more advanced way than using the preferences browser. (Because I do
not want to be limited to the pre-defined settings)

I am using a classic pharo project managed with Metacello that I load
via a startup script to execute and add code.

If some of you want to check how I am doing it, you can check the code
at https://github.com/jecisc/pharo-scripts

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Advanced preferences for Pharo

Tim Mackinnon
Thanks Cyril - lots of great ideas, thanks for sharing.

Top tip I took away - use a meta link to replace a method for non configurable stuff because this way you don’t contaminate any potential pr submissions (neat idea).

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

On Fri 5 Apr 2019 at 16:41, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Cyril - lots of great ideas, thanks for sharing.

Top tip I took away - use a meta link to replace a method for non configurable stuff because this way you don’t contaminate any potential pr submissions (neat idea).

Most of the time I try to contribute it to Pharo, but sometimes it just make sense only for my personal taste :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr