Advent of code

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi pharoers

I would like to know if you would like to participate to
http://adventofcode.com/2016

For example we could do the same as
https://github.com/norvig/pytudes/blob/master/ipynb/Advent%20of%20Code.ipynb

Re: Advent of code

Julien Delplanque-2
The 2017 version will be online on 1st December normally.

I will participate for sure, I implemented some of the algorithms of 2016 versions and I’d say that Pharo is really cool to do that because of its nice Collections framework (a lot of exercises are about extracting data from/transforming/interpret data-structures provided serialised in a text file).

:-)

Julien

> Le 22 nov. 2017 à 13:29, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi pharoers
>
> I would like to know if you would like to participate to
> http://adventofcode.com/2016
>
> For example we could do the same as
> https://github.com/norvig/pytudes/blob/master/ipynb/Advent%20of%20Code.ipynb
>
> Stef

Re: Advent of code

SergeStinckwich
BTW, the Japanese Smalltalk community is doing an advent Calendar every year:

The 2017 edition is in preparation here: https://qiita.com/advent-calendar/2017/smalltalk

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi pharoers

I would like to know if you would like to participate to
http://adventofcode.com/2016

For example we could do the same as
https://github.com/norvig/pytudes/blob/master/ipynb/Advent%20of%20Code.ipynb

Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC/UY1)
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Advent of code

Stephane Ducasse-3
Julien

could you open a github project so that we can do the same as norviq?
And get a log of the problems and solution?

Stef

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Julien

could you open a github project so that we can do the same as norviq?
And get a log of the problems and solution?

​Yes would be nice.

--
Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC/UY1)
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Advent of code

Julien Delplanque-2
I’ll write a README with some instructions to avoid clash when merging pull requests.

For example, each participant could create a directory with its name and put all his stuff inside it.

Julien