Again: Basic Questions about NativeBoost

Again: Basic Questions about NativeBoost

feldti
I post this question again, because I was no subscriber of the eMail list:

 I'm still having problems understanding the documentation. There are examples for basic stuff, but with pointers I have my problems understanding it:

How do I call a function in an external library with a single parameter: a pointer to an unsigned integer (32 bit). How is this defined:

apiVersion:major minor: minor patch: patch
^ NBFFICallout cdecl: #(void 'zmq_version' (NBSignedLong major, ...)) module: 'libzmq.dll'

or more like:

apiVersion:major minor: minor patch: patch
^ NBFFICallout cdecl: #(void 'zmq_version' (NBSignedLong* major, ...)) module: 'libzmq.dll'

and another question: how do I call this function ?

Marten

Re: Again: Basic Questions about NativeBoost

drush66
Does NB support writing callbacks in smalltalk that can be called by external library?

Re: Again: Basic Questions about NativeBoost

Luc Fabresse
Hi,

 In Pharo 2.0 (perhaps not the latest one),
 NBFFICallbackTests -> 10 run, 7 passes, 3 expected failures

 so I would say that NB supports some callbacks ;-)

Cheers,

#Luc

2012/8/28 drush66 <[hidden email]>
Does NB support writing callbacks in smalltalk that can be called by external
library?

-----
http://www.cloud208.com/

Re: Again: Basic Questions about NativeBoost

Igor Stasenko
On 28 August 2012 14:02, drush66 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does NB support writing callbacks in smalltalk that can be called by external
> library?

the support is there.. but it is not functional .. yet.
So, the answer is: NO.

But no, you can write callbacks using smalltalk, if that smalltalk is
assember code, which you will generate
to implement callback in native form.
So, then answer is: YES .. or still NO, depending if you willing to do that :)

Yeah.. thanks for reminder. i need to deal with that part

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.