Agent based/multi-agent systems in Smalltalk?

Agent based/multi-agent systems in Smalltalk?

Janko Mivšek-2
Hi guys,

Anyone know any work, being academic or commercial, on the field of
agent based/multi-agent systems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-
agent_system), for both simulation and execution of complex systems ?

Something like Cougaar http://cougaar.org/ or  AnyLogic http://www.anylogic.com/
would be preferred.

Best regards
Janko

Re: Agent based/multi-agent systems in Smalltalk?

cedreek
Hi Janko,

Maybe you could have a look at cormas which is done in vw by French researcher for simulation in Environnement.

It's free to use and I think there are discussions to open source it but I'm not sure. Serge might tell.

See you,

Cedrick

Best regards
Janko

Re: Agent based/multi-agent systems in Smalltalk?

Janko Mivšek-2
Hi Cedrick,

COMRAS actually looks interensting and it is quite active, they just
released new version of it. More MVC oriented to separate GUI part
from the kernel, which is opening the door towards independence from
VisualWorks. This independence is obviously because of GUI used. And
with MVC separation COMRAS can be used from web apps too, with Amber?

Ok, enough brainstorming, let me look at the kernel part a bit. One
more idea is to make it distributed, as below mentioned Cougaar is.
For industrial grade continious execution, like real-time supply chain
planning, warehouse replenishment in logistics, etc.

Best regards
Janko

On Oct 27, 1:08 pm, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Janko,
>
> Maybe you could have a look at cormas which is done in vw by French researcher for simulation in Environnement.
>
> http://cormas.cirad.fr/en/outil/presentation/
>
> It's free to use and I think there are discussions to open source it but I'm not sure. Serge might tell.
>
> See you,
>
> Cedrick
>
> Le 27 oct. 2012 à 12:37, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>

> > Hi guys,
>
> > Anyone know any work, being academic or commercial, on the field of
> > agent based/multi-agent systems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-
> > agent_system), for both simulation and execution of complex systems ?
>
> > Something like Cougaarhttp://cougaar.org/or  AnyLogichttp://www.anylogic.com/
> > would be preferred.
>
> > Best regards
> > Janko

Re: Agent based/multi-agent systems in Smalltalk?

cedreek
Interesting topic Janko.

Several people work on that in my laboratory, especially Bernard Archimede. He developed Ramses and e-Ramses as a distributed planification system. Here is a old paper I'm French

The software has evolved since... But I'm mot that happy with the technology he used (full c++ in visual environment based on corba....... :(. )

He recently got some funds to valorize the application. He has hired an engineer and asked me for the interface (especially for iPhone). I told him to have a look at web sockets to get rid of corba. But this is not the plan... That being said I think it could be great in Smalltalk but I just don't have time to start such a project... :(

If you want I can give you more pointers and eventually you could talk with him.

See you,

Cedrick