Agile Artificial Intelligence in Pharo book

Agile Artificial Intelligence in Pharo book

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
I bought "Agile Artificial Intelligence in Pharo" and am using Pharo 8.0 64-bit.  In the book it says you can download the source using:

Metacello new
  baseline: 'AgileArtificialIntelligence';
  repository: 'github://Apress/agile-ai-in-pharo/src';
  load.

Then it times out with:
"MCSmalltalkhubRepository(MCRepository)>>error:"
self

Could not load Athens-SVG-PeterUhnak.17.mcz:
ZnHttpUnsuccessful: 503 Service Temporarily
Unavailable

I am fairly new to Pharo and run into problems with documentation being old, for example, Pharo By Example. I realize it is difficult to keep books updated with the many changes in an active project. I'm fine with that.

However, how can a just published book have the source listed in its pages, but then not have it available?

Re: Agile Artificial Intelligence in Pharo book

Richard Sargent
Administrator
It is possible that one of the prerequisites comes from smalltalkhub.com, as that site has been down for the last couple of days.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020, 15:53 G B via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you both.

It shows the problem as:
"a MCSmalltalkhubRepository(http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Athens/main/)"
self

I'll wait for it to return to service.

On Sunday, July 12, 2020, 7:43:46 PM CDT, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Here is the file it tries to download from SmalltalkHub. Try to locate it in the pharo-local/package-cache folder. It should load properly.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

From: G B <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] Agile Artificial Intelligence in Pharo book
Date: 12 July 2020, 20:48:11 GMT-4
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>

Thank you both.

It shows the problem as:
"a MCSmalltalkhubRepository(http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Athens/main/)"
self

I'll wait for it to return to service.

On Sunday, July 12, 2020, 7:43:46 PM CDT, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

Smalltalk Hub is a code hosting platform and it's having problems these days. Looks like the book code has some dependency hosted there, so I think that when the problem gets solved it should work again.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020, 20:22 G B via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
I bought "Agile Artificial Intelligence in Pharo" and am using Pharo 8.0 64-bit.  In the book it says you can download the source using:

Metacello new
  baseline: 'AgileArtificialIntelligence';
  repository: '<a href="github://Apress/agile-ai-in-pharo/src" class="">github://Apress/agile-ai-in-pharo/src';

Athens-SVG-PeterUhnak.17.mcz (49K) Download Attachment