AgileVisualization - call for reviewers

abergel
Dear All,

As you may have heard, AgileVisualization is a book about the Roassal visualization engine.
We hope to have the book released soon, within a couple of months. It would be fantastic to have feedback:

        http://agilevisualization.com

The book is a fantastic result of the community. You guys made this possible, and we wish to thank you very much for this.

Beers will flow at ESUG for everybody who comment on the chapters :-)
We also have live discussion on Slack, channel #Roassal (see http://pharo.org/community on how to join Slack)

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: AgileVisualization - call for reviewers

Offray
Hi Alexandre,

This are exiting news!  I have been using Roassal and it has been a
pleasure. I don't know if I'll have the time for a complete review, but
what I'm going to do is to go to the book when I think I need a better
understanding of the code I'm trying to write for a particular
visualization and made comments. I have already started and I'm using
hypothesis[1] to make my first annotations on the book web pages. Look
at [2] to see the first one(s). By the way, hypothesis has been chosen
in an academic and publishers alliance to promote open comments on the
web[3]

[1] https://hypothes.is/
[2]
https://via.hypothes.is/https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/AgileVisualization/Trachel/0103-Trachel.html
[3] https://hypothes.is/blog/a-coalition-of-over-40-scholarly-publishers/

Cheers,

Offray

Ps: I have a "philosophical problem" with the "Hello World" example
everywhere, and a particular place where it seems uninteresting is in
data visualization where a lot of introductory visualization are far
more powerful, yet simple, but I think that would need a proper blog
post instead of a margin comment.

On 23/12/15 12:57, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> As you may have heard, AgileVisualization is a book about the Roassal visualization engine.
> We hope to have the book released soon, within a couple of months. It would be fantastic to have feedback:
>
> http://agilevisualization.com
>
> The book is a fantastic result of the community. You guys made this possible, and we wish to thank you very much for this.
>
> Beers will flow at ESUG for everybody who comment on the chapters :-)
> We also have live discussion on Slack, channel #Roassal (see http://pharo.org/community on how to join Slack)
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre

Re: AgileVisualization - call for reviewers

abergel
Thanks Offray!

I am able to see your annotation. I did not know about hypothes.is. This is very nice!

On Dec 23, 2015, at 6:54 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

On 23/12/15 17:00, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
Thanks Offray!

No problem.

I am able to see your annotation. I did not know about hypothes.is. This is very nice!

That's part of the tools you put under your "bat belt" when trying to make open/citizen/garage science & research ;-).

Cheers,

Offray

Offray

Re: AgileVisualization - call for reviewers

abergel
Thanks Offray once more. I took your comments into account

Alexandre

> On Dec 23, 2015, at 6:54 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> This are exiting news!  I have been using Roassal and it has been a pleasure. I don't know if I'll have the time for a complete review, but what I'm going to do is to go to the book when I think I need a better understanding of the code I'm trying to write for a particular visualization and made comments. I have already started and I'm using hypothesis[1] to make my first annotations on the book web pages. Look at [2] to see the first one(s). By the way, hypothesis has been chosen in an academic and publishers alliance to promote open comments on the web[3]
>
> [1] https://hypothes.is/
> [2] https://via.hypothes.is/https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/AgileVisualization/Trachel/0103-Trachel.html
> [3] https://hypothes.is/blog/a-coalition-of-over-40-scholarly-publishers/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Offray
>
> Ps: I have a "philosophical problem" with the "Hello World" example everywhere, and a particular place where it seems uninteresting is in data visualization where a lot of introductory visualization are far more powerful, yet simple, but I think that would need a proper blog post instead of a margin comment.
>
> On 23/12/15 12:57, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> As you may have heard, AgileVisualization is a book about the Roassal visualization engine.
>> We hope to have the book released soon, within a couple of months. It would be fantastic to have feedback:
>>
>> http://agilevisualization.com
>>
>> The book is a fantastic result of the community. You guys made this possible, and we wish to thank you very much for this.
>>
>> Beers will flow at ESUG for everybody who comment on the chapters :-)
>> We also have live discussion on Slack, channel #Roassal (see http://pharo.org/community on how to join Slack)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Moose-dev] AgileVisualization - call for reviewers

Tudor Girba-2
Great work!

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

On 23/12/15 16:54, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:
> Ps: I have a "philosophical problem" with the "Hello World" example
> everywhere, and a particular place where it seems uninteresting is in
> data visualization where a lot of introductory visualization are far
> more powerful, yet simple, but I think that would need a proper blog
> post instead of a margin comment.

And here it is ;-):

http://mutabit.com/offray/blog/en/entry/dumb-hello-world

Cheers,