Ah, a new word: transpilation

philippeback
Like Mr. Jourdain, doing it without knowing...

http://tom-jaeschke.blogspot.be/2012/10/transpilation.html

"Transpilation:
This is the act of walking an annotated tree and writing copy in the
target programming language based upon what is found. In this step, a
compiler would walk an annotated tree of Rook syntax (for example) and
write C# (for example) elsewhere as it went. For this to work, we have
to be able to ask every node "What is your type?" and get back an
answer that makes sense in C#. That said, we should be there on the
other side of the prior three steps."

So, no more "compilation of .st into .js" but "transpiration of .sh into .js"

Yeah, right. Thanks for all the perspiration, amber gurus!

Phil