Aida 6.1, please test

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

I just prepared new Aida release and I'd like to ask you to test it a
bit more before I announce the release broadly.

On Pharo just evaluate:

  Gofer new
   squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
   package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
   load.

  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.1') load.

  SwazooAida demoStart.

How is this on Squeak?

If there is no apparent showstoper, we will announce release tommorrow.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Aida 6.1, please test

Janko Mivšek
Aida 6.1 on VW is now aslo published on Cincom public repository.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Aida 6.1, please test

Herbert König
Hi Janko,

Hi,

>> If there is no apparent showstoper, we will announce release tommorrow.
will try at the weekend.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Aida 6.1, please test

Herbert König
Hi Janko,

JM> How is this on Squeak?

which SPORT and Swazoo versions are needed?

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Aida 6.1, please test

Janko Mivšek
Hi Herbert,

On 09. 09. 2010 09:44, Herbert König wrote:

> JM> How is this on Squeak?
>
> which SPORT and Swazoo versions are needed?

Latest, look at the ConfigurationOfAida for exact versions:

ConfigurationOfAida>>version61:
  project: Sport2 with: 2.31
  project: Swazoo2 with: 2.2.0.2  "Swazoo-lr.3, loadable in Pharo"

There are two more configurations to look at:
  ConfigurationOfSport2
  ConfigurationOfSwazoo

I propose to switch to Metacello configurations completely on
Squeak/Pharo, life will be much easier and we can add patches more freelly.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Aida 6.1, please test first tests

Herbert König
Hi Janko,

>> How is this on Squeak?

I took my old 3.8, manually looked into the Metacello configurations.
Sport and Swazoo hadn't changed. But contrary to the configuration I
used Swazoo-lr.3.mcz which only changes all assignments to :=. Lukas
says this will become a problem in Pharo, so why not change it now.

Squeak seems to prefer Installer over Metacello but I'm not sure.
Later I will try a recent Squeak trunk and report. But as I already
tried Aida6.0 in an earlier Squeak trunk I assume the following will
apply to trunk too.

Everything loaded fine apparently works. Except for my old umlaut woes
and additionally the tabs demo has stopped working. But these also
apply to 6.0 and have been discussed here earlier. Also the display of
WebTabs has degraded.

See attachments Aida01...Aida03.png.

Further: WebDelayedField>>scriptForPostAndUpdate:with: stopped working
because in WebDelayedField>>addSetupScript self parameter returns nil.
See halt.png

This is from my own application which stopped working. I will write
separate posts on these, hopefully it's just a few small things.

Further I've made some deletions from WebStyle's CSS methods as they
use attributes which firebug and dragonfly (the Firebug of Opera)
report as faulty.

See attached file outs.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Aida01.PNG (176K) Download Attachment
Aida02.PNG (160K) Download Attachment
Aida03.PNG (166K) Download Attachment
Halt.png (36K) Download Attachment
DefaultWebStyle-css23Inputs.st (1K) Download Attachment
DefaultWebStyle-css1Body.st (1K) Download Attachment
DefaultWebStyle-oldCss24WebGrid.st (1K) Download Attachment
DefaultWebStyle-cssPrint9Show.st (490 bytes) Download Attachment
DefaultWebStyle-css9Hide.st (716 bytes) Download Attachment
DefaultWebStyle-css47Comments.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Aida 6.1, please test

Nicholas Moore
Janko,

I have loaded 6.1 into Pharo1.1 which runs my blog app. So far everything works smoothly with only one small glitch:

WebSession >> languageBasic
        ^(self language asString includes: $- )
                ifTrue: [self language upTo: $- ]
                ifFalse: [self language]

fails during: self language upTo: $-  because  self language returns a ByteSymbol.

I modified it to read: self language copyUpTo: $- and it works fine.

Perhaps the ifFalse:[]  should be self language asString also?

Otherwise excellent - I look forward to exploring the new features.

regards

Nicholas