Aida 6.6 OneClicks for Pharo now ready

Janko Mivšek
Dear Pharoers,

OneClicks for Mac, Win and Linux are now prepared from three Pharo 2.0
distros. I checked Linux and Win, but for Mac I'm not sure if I prepared
distribution correctly. Can someone check it?

All three OneClicks are available at http://www.aidaweb.si/download .

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Aida 6.6 OneClicks for Pharo now ready

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 02 Sep 2013, at 13:27, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Pharoers,
>
> OneClicks for Mac, Win and Linux are now prepared from three Pharo 2.0
> distros. I checked Linux and Win, but for Mac I'm not sure if I prepared
> distribution correctly. Can someone check it?
>
> All three OneClicks are available at http://www.aidaweb.si/download .

The link behind the button is wrong: both mac & win point to win.
The image itself seems to work OK.

Dne 02. 09. 2013 13:33, piše Sven Van Caekenberghe:

> On 02 Sep 2013, at 13:27, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear Pharoers,
>>
>> OneClicks for Mac, Win and Linux are now prepared from three Pharo 2.0
>> distros. I checked Linux and Win, but for Mac I'm not sure if I prepared
>> distribution correctly. Can someone check it?
>>
>> All three OneClicks are available at http://www.aidaweb.si/download .
>
> The link behind the button is wrong: both mac & win point to win.

Corrected

--
Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Aida 6.6 OneClicks for Pharo now ready

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
It seems SpFilename is not ported to FileSystem, it still references FileDirectory which is gone. I know, its a pain.

FileResourceTests and some Swazoo tests hence fail with an error.

I was looking for the Geolocation support, but can't seem to find it. Where should I look ?

On 02 Sep 2013, at 13:42, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dne 02. 09. 2013 13:33, piše Sven Van Caekenberghe:
>>
>> On 02 Sep 2013, at 13:27, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Pharoers,
>>>
>>> OneClicks for Mac, Win and Linux are now prepared from three Pharo 2.0
>>> distros. I checked Linux and Win, but for Mac I'm not sure if I prepared
>>> distribution correctly. Can someone check it?
>>>
>>> All three OneClicks are available at http://www.aidaweb.si/download .
>>
>> The link behind the button is wrong: both mac & win point to win.
>
> Corrected
>
>> The image itself seems to work OK.
>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Janko
>
> --
> Janko Mivšek
> Svetovalec za informatiko
> Eranova d.o.o.
> Ljubljana, Slovenija
> www.eranova.si
> tel:  01 514 22 55
> faks: 01 514 22 56
> gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Aida 6.6 OneClicks for Pharo now ready, about geolocation

Janko Mivšek
Dne 02. 09. 2013 14:09, piše Sven Van Caekenberghe:
> It seems SpFilename is not ported to FileSystem, it still references FileDirectory which is gone. I know, its a pain.

Aida doesn't need filesystem support, that's why current Sport works ok,
even that its tests fail. I suppose quick solution would be to add
quickly (see ConfigurationOfSport on SmalltalkHub)

> FileResourceTests and some Swazoo tests hence fail with an error.
>
> I was looking for the Geolocation support, but can't seem to find it. Where should I look ?

There is no docs or dev notes yet, but usage is simple. Say you'd like
to show your location on realtime example:
http://demo.aidaweb.si/demos?view=realtime. Look at the
WebDemo/WebDemoApp classes:

WebDemoApp viewRealtime
  self page addGeolocationScript. "to report current geolocation"
  loc := self session geolocation "instance of WebGeolocation"
    addText: 'My current location is: ';
    addText: loc locationPoint printString.

When you switch-on the geolocation, the browser starts sending the
geolocation changes by Ajax or (in this realtime case) WebSocket to the
current session. It is stored in an instance of WebGeolocation class.

It can be simple to extend it by showing the location of last who
changed the counter (by help of additional instvar lastLocation in
WebDemo domain object):

WebDemoApp viewRealtime
  (e cell addButtonText: ' Decrement ')
     noSubmit;
     onClickDo:
       [self observee decCounter.
       self observee lastLocation: self session geolocation].

Best regards
Janko

Re: Aida 6.6 OneClicks for Pharo now ready, about geolocation

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Ahh, OK, it is a way to read the location info from the browser. Cool.
Thanks for the explanation.