Aida Logo first drafts

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

Here are the first drafts of logo, kindly provided by Michael Rueger and
designed by Nadja Tschierpke from Impara. Let me thank both of them
again for the effort!

And here are my first impressions and comments of proposals (which are
not final, please add your comments too!

I like the joyfulness of designs while staying in "professional"
elegance and not going down in recent Web 2.0 design banality. Well,
that's of course a comment from someone laic on design but who likes a
deep beauty and elegance in things. By the way, that's why I am a
Smalltalker  :)

So, "aiding the web" slogan sounds interesting. Also those logos (1st
and 3rd group) sounds very nice, just that I'm not sure by myself yet if
that slogan is really a good one, What do others think?  I also found
Red Cross logo quite a strong symbol and we must be careful how to use
it. Not to mention that it is not truly international and quite a part
of the world (muslim, asian also?) don't find it appropriate. Here I
would recommend to soften a cross or just hint with it on the "aiding
the web" slogan.

I also like last group of logos, specially idea that 'web' is above
AIDA. Also this logo is very clear and simple with a good font already
selected. But I think that letter i must be stronger and stairs are not
a clear enough replacement for i.

So, discussion is open, please comment.

Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web

Aida Logo first drafts

Nicolas Petton

Le vendredi 16 novembre 2007 ? 20:15 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :

> Dear all,
>
> Here are the first drafts of logo, kindly provided by Michael Rueger and
> designed by Nadja Tschierpke from Impara. Let me thank both of them
> again for the effort!
>
> And here are my first impressions and comments of proposals (which are
> not final, please add your comments too!
>
> I like the joyfulness of designs while staying in "professional"
> elegance and not going down in recent Web 2.0 design banality. Well,
> that's of course a comment from someone laic on design but who likes a
> deep beauty and elegance in things. By the way, that's why I am a
> Smalltalker  :)
>
> So, "aiding the web" slogan sounds interesting. Also those logos (1st
> and 3rd group) sounds very nice, just that I'm not sure by myself yet if
> that slogan is really a good one, What do others think?  I also found
> Red Cross logo quite a strong symbol and we must be careful how to use
> it. Not to mention that it is not truly international and quite a part
> of the world (muslim, asian also?) don't find it appropriate. Here I
> would recommend to soften a cross or just hint with it on the "aiding
> the web" slogan.
>
> I also like last group of logos, specially idea that 'web' is above
> AIDA. Also this logo is very clear and simple with a good font already
> selected. But I think that letter i must be stronger and stairs are not
> a clear enough replacement for i.
>
> So, discussion is open, please comment.

Wow, those logos are great!

I love the slogan "aiding the web" and the cross logos, especially the
first group.
I think the slogan is really good, strong, short and fun at the same
time.

The last group is also nice, but it make me think about Jabber, and the
others look better IMHO.

In the second group, I think the first "A" look like a "I" or a "D".

Cheers,

Nicolas

> Janko

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
             ___
           ooooooo
          OOOOOOOOO
         |Smalltalk|
          OOOOOOOOO
           ooooooo
            \   /
             [|]
--------------------------------
Ma cl? GPG est disponible ici :
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE788C34D

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

Aida Logo first drafts

Nicholas Moore
Congratulations, your team has done good work in producing these
excellent logos.

First impressions?

Groups 1 and 3 do not work for me, I think because the cross is too
intrusive and makes me wonder why it is there. Group 4 is clever but
does not give an impression of a strong, robust structure.

My favourite is group 2, it has an elegant simplicity which I like, and
the first letter could come from anywhere in the world, with a hint of
mystery. I would like to see what it looked like in a deep indigo, like
the night sky.

I am not sure about 'aiding the web'. It works well with the name Aida,
but I do not think of Aida as something which is outside of the web, but
rather as something which is at the heart of the web.

regards
Nicholas

? wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Here are the first drafts of logo, kindly provided by Michael Rueger
> and designed by Nadja Tschierpke from Impara. Let me thank both of
> them again for the effort!
>
> And here are my first impressions and comments of proposals (which are
> not final, please add your comments too!
>
> I like the joyfulness of designs while staying in "professional"
> elegance and not going down in recent Web 2.0 design banality. Well,
> that's of course a comment from someone laic on design but who likes a
> deep beauty and elegance in things. By the way, that's why I am a
> Smalltalker  :)
>
> So, "aiding the web" slogan sounds interesting. Also those logos (1st
> and 3rd group) sounds very nice, just that I'm not sure by myself yet
> if that slogan is really a good one, What do others think?  I also
> found Red Cross logo quite a strong symbol and we must be careful how
> to use it. Not to mention that it is not truly international and quite
> a part of the world (muslim, asian also?) don't find it appropriate.
> Here I would recommend to soften a cross or just hint with it on the
> "aiding the web" slogan.
>
> I also like last group of logos, specially idea that 'web' is above
> AIDA. Also this logo is very clear and simple with a good font already
> selected. But I think that letter i must be stronger and stairs are
> not a clear enough replacement for i.
>
> So, discussion is open, please comment.
>
> Janko

*Nicholas Moore