Aida ToDo example - does not run out of the box

Aida ToDo example - does not run out of the box

David Jacobs
Hi,

New to SmallTalk but eager to learn. I tried the ToDo example
(http://www.aidaweb.si/todo-description) but it failed to run.

I've a fresh installed Pharo (OneClick) v. 1.3-13315.
I loaded Aida & the AidaTodoExample as mentioned on the webpage.
Going to http://localhost:8888/ works fine.
Going to http://localhost:8888/todo gives an error: http://imgur.com/kJto2

Any clues?
Wild guess: Does "task" need to be initialized somewhere?

Kind regards,
- david

Re: Aida ToDo example - does not run out of the box

Janko Mivšek
Hi David,

First let me welcome to the list!

I just published a new AidaToDoExample, se please repeat loading it by
the script.

Problem was that widgets in ToDo example were not yet adapted to
improved widget support in Aida 6.4 . More exactly, a TodoTaskWidget was
built by #initialize before the instvars were set in class #newForAdd
method. Now this #new method is patched to call #basicNew instead, set
instvars then call #initialize.

Thanks for reporting it and I hope it will now go.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web

2012/1/26 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:

> I just published a new AidaToDoExample, se please repeat loading it by
> the script.
>
> Problem was that widgets in ToDo example were not yet adapted to
> improved widget support in Aida 6.4 . More exactly, a TodoTaskWidget was
> built by #initialize before the instvars were set in class #newForAdd
> method. Now this #new method is patched to call #basicNew instead, set
> instvars then call #initialize.
>
> Thanks for reporting it and I hope it will now go.

It is working now, thanks!